Critique Lurking in tunnels with wire wool

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.
Been playing a little with wire wool recently. Would appreciate some feedback on this shot I took recently.

20131028-IMG_2187-Edit.jpg
by landwomble, on Flickr

Shot whilst "just popping out for a pint of milk" one evening after noticing some photogenic tunnels under the railway nearby. I was trying to show a bit of contrast between weird things happening within the tunnel and the monochrome normality of the brick work outside...

cracking work with the wool, and a cool location, but i think the foreground would befenit from just a touch of lightpainting, not so much that you lose the entire idea behind the photo, just enough to bring out some more detail

I tend to agree with Darrell just a tiny amount of light painting, just to make it pop a little would just finish this off nicely, the spin is really nice, the spiral really allows you to fill the tunnel up :clap: and it hides the street light really well :clap: I actually like the selective colour for popping out the wire wool...I think it actually one of the few times I've seen colour popping work :)

Matt

Thanks guys. I might go back and re-edit this, I shot in RAW so can probably pull some more detail back from the brickwork shadows...I also need to tighten up the selective colour a little as it's a bit crude at the edges in places.

Thanks guys. I might go back and re-edit this, I shot in RAW so can probably pull some more detail back from the brickwork shadows...I also need to tighten up the selective colour a little as it's a bit crude at the edges in places.

No worries, as you said with the raw file i think you should be able to pull some back, failing that makes a great excuse to get back out again(y)

Really like this, I think the subtle approach to the bricks works well

Back