Luxury/rare cars

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Haven't posted in a while, thought I'd post some of the images I've taken since then.

#1 - Ferrari 512M:
vnfsxh.jpg

#2 - Modified Range Rover Sport:
w2p26u.jpg

#3 - Modified Jeep in the City:
2n7l939.jpg

#4 - Modified Range Rover Sport on the Moors:
s4w8za.jpg

#5 - Modified Range Rover Vogue in the Country:
2hwd8k3.jpg

#6 - Modified Range Rover Sport at night:
2mgs683.jpg

#7 - Modified Jeep underground:
5l10uc.jpg

#8 - Modified Range Rover Vogue:
jjagwz.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Great set, all good but I have one little bit of crit, The 1st shot, you chopped the reflection, imo it would have been nice to see that all in the shot.

Nice set of images, I would say 5,6,8 the background is quite distracting and could do with a shallower dof, and also the front passenger wheel on 8 looks strange without any shadow and an overlit ground. No.4 is my favourite!

Superbly taken. Better than most magazine shots!

Stunning Set

But I don't have room in my Garage for them

Your processing is stunning, it's a style you have on all of your photos. It's like the backgrounds are all perfectly soft/out of focus, but only enough that you almost don't realise and clean/bland - in the most positive of ways. The car(s) always jump out. 3 & 5 are my favourite ones.

Great photos, Kahns styling is dubious, but that's not your fault, the pictures are fantastic. (y)

They're using your first picture as their sales picture on the 512M :snaphappy:

Really nice images Graham, very well lit and great framing. Thought it might be worth pointing out that in the first picture very quickly my eyes were drawn to the dirty floor/ tread marks, I think it would improve the image to be clean. Other than that these really are great images.

Thanks Jeff and well spotted - I spent 20mins trying to find a mop before the shot and couldn't find anything. Figured I'd get rid of it in photoshop and then the edit was cut short to get the ad out! I get the impression I'll be shooting the other Ferraris in the same place though so hopefully I won't have that issue again!

Hoof - Unfortunately not!

These are great, number 4 and 5 for me! (y) Must admit I didn't notice the tyre marks in the first shot.

Thanks Jeff and well spotted - I spent 20mins trying to find a mop before the shot and couldn't find anything. Figured I'd get rid of it in photoshop and then the edit was cut short to get the ad out! I get the impression I'll be shooting the other Ferraris in the same place though so hopefully I won't have that issue again!

It certainly doesn't detract much from the image and good to know that you were aware of it. Looking forward to seeing the images of the other Ferraris. :)

Sure there was a comment there yesterday Paul, just found the time to reply to you and it's gone. Thanks anyway! :D

There was. I messed up an edit and never got back to change it lol. Great set as always and I agree you have a certain "style" with the processing. I'd love to learn how to process automotive shots like that but wouldn't know where to start. Also how pin sharp you get everything is unreal.

I'm glad you identify a style Paul, really means a lot! I work with a good body and lens, but aside from the first Ferrari shot everything is lit with either a mobile phone or a pair of £30 knock-off flashes. Thankfully I've got some semi-decent portable lights now though so this should make everything much easier!

No problem. Your shots inspire me to go out and try it for myself, just have to wait for my bmw to get out the garage for a blown turbo though :( Been looking at some hand held knock off strip lights for some light painting. I have some flashes as well but all give different effect. You can certainly tell it's a lovely body and lens combo, matches your skill perfectly.

Stunning set of photos.

Do you mind me asking what camera and lens you used for the 1st and 3rd shot?

(I completely understand if you would prefer not to share this info).

All my best

I don't mind at all :) I shoot with a Nikon D800 and a 24-70mm f/2.8 Nikon lens. If I'm honest, they're a good combination but most of the sharpness/clarity of the images comes from my editing workflow. I dare say you could stick the NEFs in among other Nikon DSLRs and they'd look pretty generic.

Thanks for the reply and I think it shows your editing techniques/skills as it is a combo a lot of people use, but the results rarely look anywhere near what you are producing. Big thumbs up from me.

Try a white painted infinity wall and floor. Used to cover the floor with paper first to get the car positioned. You can get some large paper rolls, or just pick up cheap wallpaper.

Thanks Michael! Just one pass with an LED block, along the top of the windscreen and then down through into the door.

The wacom is really very good, though this is my third attempt at trying one out having given up previously! Once you get your head around where it differs from a mouse (i.e. tablet representing your screen, not pick up and drop like a mouse) it's quite intuitive. For cleaning up bodywork/reflections it's fantastic as it allows you nice, smooth brush strokes that are difficult to replicate with a mouse.

Back