Lyson Ink Question

Edit My Images
No
I have a Epson R1800 and am a bit fed-up with ink usage, and, of course, cost.

I've been looking at the Lyson 'refillable' ink cart's and wondered if anyone has tried them.

I've rang Lyson and they don't do the 'cis' system for my printer anymore as it was' hit and miss' if it would work properly.

My biggest concern is the lightfastness of the inks as I sell a few prints.

Hi Mick,

I use the photochrome inkset on the R2880 with excellent results, as for the R1800 all I can find is that "Same longevity and stability as brand inkset". Lyson ink and paper, for me, gives excellent results every time.

Trev

Hi Mick,

I use the photochrome inkset on the R2880 with excellent results, as for the R1800 all I can find is that "Same longevity and stability as brand inkset". Lyson ink and paper, for me, gives excellent results every time.

Trev

Thank's Trev,

I have only ever used Epson paper and ink with great results on this printer so I'm a bit reluctant to use anything else. If I buy the Lyson inks I would try my favourite paper first (Epson semi-gloss) and then try the Lyson if it does'nt work.

Have you noticed any colour shifts with Lyson inks. I ask this because I read somewhere that someone had big colour shifts on some prints after a couple of months or so. Can't just remember though if it was with Lyson or Permajet ink.

Cant honestly answer that one Mick. I bought the R2880 and CIS at the same time, and only ran off a couple of test prints with genuine epson ink.

Marrutt (Lyson Suppliers) sent me a sample print on pro satin paper and was surprised by the quality. When I got my printer set up and new ink installed, I downloaded the test image and printed it off with the supplied lyson profiles to see if there was a difference. No difference.

However I did try printing on Ilford Pearl Paper and the ink took forever to dry perhaps that was due to being a pigment based ink rather than dye based that I used to use on the R1290.

I've used various papers by Lyson, from their range and have no complaints. Even on canvas its great.

Only problem I have had is changing the Matte and Photo Black inks over. Its a real pain at times with the printer taking ages to recognise the chage over. 3 hours one day. But a quick fix was to fit a genuine epson for desired black which is recognised immediatly then fit the lyson one of the same type.

Hope this helps

Trev

Try 'CISS', Riverside Sunderland, the guy there was telling me the new inks now have a UV blocker in them, R800, 8 x 250ml bottles £46.60 the set, I called in and bought them on Thursday. 0191 548 3262.
www.continuous-ink-systems.co.uk
Jim

I wouldn't advise using Lyson inks with Epson paper, the papers are matched to the inks/profiles supplied.

You talk about Lyson refillable cartridges.
Don't touch them! I have tried them and they leak ink. Marrutt sent me three, they all leaked.

Fir the last 3 years I have used a Lysin CIS on my Epson 1290, but when it too developed a leak, and I tried to replace it, Lyson referred me to Marrutt, who told me that the 1290 CIS was no longer available, but the refillable cartridges were an acceptable solution to using Lyson inks. That turned out to be untrue.

However, I was successful in getting a different, empty, CIS system from www.inkjetrevolution.com , and have that working now, very satisfactorily. the colour profiles I produced with the old CIS still work, so long as the print-generating software is not doing silly things `(like Aperture 3 in my hands).

Back