M42 the Great Orion nebula and the Running Man

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
This has been am image that I have been too scared to try for years - 5 to be precise! This was one of the first ever images I did when I started astrophotography and then realised how difficult it was due to it;s huge dynamic range so never had the bottle to go any where near it!

This is a combination of 2 different scopes, two different camera's and 2 different mounts. Thankfully there is software of there that will match different image scales! It's a total of just over 26.5hrs of exposures, with exposure time ranging from 10 seconds to 1800 seconds.

You can see a larger version on my website

View attachment 93102

Awesome. The amount of effort you put into these images is incredible. And we are fortunate enough to be able to see them.

Your image is just awe inspiring.

Looked at this nebula many times, will have to have another long look at it....

Excellent stuff Sara...............

You can see a larger version on my website
Damn! that's amazing Sara!

btw I'm still seeing faces and other things in these astro shots, is there something wrong with me? :D

^ Rorshach :)

That is an awesome photo of one of my favourite night sky objects. It's proof that results come to those who wait and persevere. Well done :)

Thanks guy for your thoughts - It;s much appreciated that you take the time to look and comment. With this not being a mainstream type of photography it's nice to know that people enjoy it :)

Amazing as always, that is some effort to use two different setups capturing it too.

Wonderful stuff, absolutely awesome, thanks for sharing Sara (y)

wow, are you continuously for the 26 hrs? and how do you keep the camera cool on an 1800sec exposure. im in awe

Wow, gorgeous thank you for sharing :) !!!

wow, are you continuously for the 26 hrs? and how do you keep the camera cool on an 1800sec exposure. im in awe

The camera is an astro cooled camera that has Peltier cooling..... it will cool to about 40 degrees below ambient. The exposures are all taken over a considerable number of nights so it's not 26 hours in one go as sadly there's daylight in between that :)

Wow, gorgeous thank you for sharing :) !!!

Thanks! Glad that you like it :)

It may not be mainstream, but these images are just awe-inspiring - not just your technique (which to my untrained eye seems superb) but they make you realise just how small we really are in the scheme of things. Thanks for sharing!

It may not be mainstream, but these images are just awe-inspiring - not just your technique (which to my untrained eye seems superb) but they make you realise just how small we really are in the scheme of things. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Glad that you like them! Astro photography seems to have become something of an addiction LOL!!!

Back