Mach Loop 30.6.15

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally got the chance to sift through the shots from my 1st outing this year.
Good day but felt rusty. Left my butties and water in the car but some lads having a BBQ took pity and gave me a burger :)
Here's a selection, few more on Flickr

Hawk T1 XX350 Mach Loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Tordado ZD788 40th Anniversary Special Mach Loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Hawk T1 XX350 Mach Loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Hercules ZH875 Mach Loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Hercules ZH875 Mach Loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Typhoon ZK339 Mach loop by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

7 attempting to turn a pigs ear...
RAF Tornado Mach Loop 30 June 2015 by Chris Dubya, on Flickr

Spectacular, Never heard of this location before and was amazed to see that it's right here in wales. Excellent set of images squire

Hi.. We're these images all taken in one day at this spot?

Cracking photos and well worth the climb. Great sense of speed and drama in the photos thanks to the 400mm lens.

The B&W doesn't work for me.

Cracking photos and well worth the climb. Great sense of speed and drama in the photos thanks to the 400mm lens.

The B&W doesn't work for me.

Do you think its the way I've done it or that this type of subject doesnt really suit B&W? Bit cluless when converting to B&W so any tips always handy!

Do you think its the way I've done it or that this type of subject doesnt really suit B&W? Bit cluless when converting to B&W so any tips always handy!

For me the aircraft in the picture is too small, contrast is low and the blacks are grey. I think that aircraft in B&W can look good especially with an interesting backdrop whether it be hills or sky.

I bought the silver efex plugin for Photoshop to use as a start when converting. I also use Picasa for simplicity which allows you to use different colour filters to base the B&W on, not unlike the effect you'd get with filters in front of the lens with B&W film. If you don't know of it, Picasa is free and well worth a look.

There's also some great tutorials on the net to show you different ways to convert to B&W.

Back