Mach Loop, Cad West 02-06-2009

Name
Mac
Edit My Images
No
Hey all!
My second trip to the loop! First time with my new camera though (only got it this weekend).
These aren't your normal shots, I only had a 18-70mm lens (which I borrowed) so they are zoomed out a lot more than the usual shots :)
Was a very busy day, had around 33 passes, most the planes in pairs, and saw just about every front line fighter the RAF has.
I'm posting 1 of each plane, theres more on my flickr page too.
(click for a bigger copy, didn't realise there was a 800px limit :p)
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

They were all shot in aperture priority, on the largest aperture the lens would let me (f/4.5), so the shutter speeds are a bit all over the place, the harrier and hawk shots was actually 1/80.
The exif should all be there, if not, its on the flickr pages.
All round, was a brilliant day!

Thanks for looking,
Mac

Last edited:
First things first, your images should only be 800px max on the longest side!!!!

Anyway, damn its a shame you didn't have a longer lens. A unique mix of aircraft and your panning technique is nailed! Go buy some longer glass ;)

First things first, your images should only be 800px max on the longest side!!!!

Anyway, damn its a shame you didn't have a longer lens. A unique mix of aircraft and your panning technique is nailed! Go buy some longer glass ;)

Changed them to the 500px flickr ones, click for a bigger copy :)

A 70-300mm is on my shopping list, then I'll be going back :D

Very good, i been 5 times and still not seen a front liner.... :(

I've not met you. But I hate you! 33 passes! I'm there next week. I wont be happy now unless I get that number. Never heard of that amount before!
Nice shots. You need longer glass! Nice to see them like this though.

Kev.

Some nice shots - hope when I manage to get there in a couple of weeks I get a number of passes like that. As has been said, pity you didn't have a longer lens, BUT you may have missed the shadow on the hill with the Hercules - :clap:

Cheers for the good comments guys!
With a longer lens I expect I would have totally missed the shadow of the herc.
Goes to show its not all about length, its how you use it! :LOL:

Back