Mach Loop, elusive Beast

Xup

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally,............, The Harrier shot I've been after for soooooooo long !!!!!!!!, its been an elusive beast.

Enjoy :)

web.jpg

Edit to add photo.

One of the wing man curling in.

web2.jpg

Last edited:
great shot, well worth the wait i recon..... that must have made some noise going by..

Cracking shot mate.
Dean:)

excellent picture
love the condensation above the wings!

That is a stunning shot, you can even see the vortex's (?) over the wings.
What lens are you using.

Mick.

Very nice work Martin, I've not had a Harrier yet. I know you've been putting in some serious time in the loop recently and its certainly paid off - congratulations :woot:

I like the vapor and the square composition, very nicely done

that is masively impressive, I cant begin to imagine how long you must have awaited such a shot. Ive looked but the exif is removed, would you share with us the details, pleease (y)

Cheers for the comments guys, sorry about the Exif date loss, the image has been resized twice as I process @ 1000 wide.

To give you an idea of waiting time, for that particular shot I wanted, well in excess of 500hours sat on a Welsh hill in all weathers.

All my shots are taken with a D300 and 300mm f.2.8, and I only use F2.8 to blur out much of the background to get the emphasis on the aircraft :)

Edit
Added a shot of his wingman curling in, since you like the Vapor

Last edited:
when you go up on the mountains, do you see planes every time?

i would LOVE to try it some time

Ermm no! :D But thats half the fun. Makes the buzz even better when one does appear. just sit and enjoy the peace and quiet. (and the rest from the climb. ;) )
It is VERY addictive though.

Kev.

Finally,............, The Harrier shot I've been after for soooooooo long !!!!!!!!, its been an elusive beast.

Such a shame you didn't make the most of it eh. ;)

Looks like you kept your cool, took your opportunity and nailed it. :clap::clap:

Well to say you've been waiting for it for so long Martin, you certainly nailed it with the only opportunity you had.

Cracking shot and superb pose by the obliging pilot.

Me likes it a lot.......

Cheers for the comments guys, sorry about the Exif date loss, the image has been resized twice as I process @ 1000 wide.

To give you an idea of waiting time, for that particular shot I wanted, well in excess of 500hours sat on a Welsh hill in all weathers.

All my shots are taken with a D300 and 300mm f.2.8, and I only use F2.8 to blur out much of the background to get the emphasis on the aircraft :)

Edit
Added a shot of his wingman curling in, since you like the Vapor

Still waiting to capture the elusive beast in Wales, got one at the Mast Tebay, but they always turn up the day after I've been there :( in the loop. Great shot, definitely worth the wait :D

Great shots Martin, was this cad west?

Yes Mark, CadWest.............. we had a very good day over 30 aircraft passes, a rarity nowadays.

Just got back in from doing two climbs today, did Corris corner AM, then CadWest PM,..... poor day for movements, only saved by the F15 Eagles showing up :).

Back out again tomorrow, and another two steep climbs.

I need a holiday :LOL:

Great shot! I want to go there but it's a bit far :(.

Where do you live? I took my first trip to the loop yesterday and I was surprised to meet people from Cardiff let alone meeting one from Ireland.

Where do you live? I took my first trip to the loop yesterday and I was surprised to meet people from Cardiff let alone meeting one from Ireland.

I was on Corris yesterday with guys who had traveled from Swindon , and North east of London, traveling over 200 miles one way for a day there, then traveling home.

They had a great day, wall to wall sun, F15's Tornado's, Hawks, and another Harrier showed up.

They went home very happy.

What a setting to spend your day, quick snap of the shooting location.

lake.jpg

Last edited:
Back