Wales Mach Loop Locations

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

I'm planning on visiting the mach loop this week, Thursday/Friday.

Which spots are best out of Cad East/West from people who have been there previously?

Thanks

That looks awesome,would love to try that,not sure if i would manage the climb though,long way to go for nothing.:)

That looks awesome,would love to try that,not sure if i would manage the climb though,long way to go for nothing.:)

It's not a climb, more of a steep walk . Just have lots of stops to admire the scenery (I do :) )

I'd not visit during the school holidays , it's become a victim of the internet. The car park is rammed full by 8am and the hill is covered with kids :)

Thanks for that,i think the wife & I would probaly stay a couple of nights at a B&B somewhere.(not during school holidays):):D

Great video, this is something I've been wanting to try for a while.

Thats a great video, just watched it and I notice that he has caused a bit of a stir on a certain Facebook page.... well what a pity. I was always under the impression that the Internet was for sharing information and I take my hat of to Gary for spreading the knowledge.

Cad West if you want topside shots probably a 200mm to 300mm required, Cad East if you want to be above the planes, a tad further away so a 450mm plus probably needed and bottom side a lot of the time.

Chris

Some good information here, thanks all :)

On top of location is there good and bad times to go?

I ask as I'm planning on going for a couple of days next month, assuming the weather is ok should I be aware of any other specific times?

I've been to the loop on a number of occasions and the bottom line is there is no guaranteed time.
I've been on days and drawn a complete blank, others have had the first movement after 3pm.
My best day has been 20+
Take some food and drink, enjoy the scenery, listen for anyone shouting.
If you have a scanner, you may pick up a call to drop into low-level or a run through the roundabout.
All the best.

Back