macro help needed

Edit My Images
No
Hi there, I have a Fuji finepix S7000 that has a macro down to 1cm. I want to get closer/ more detailed images, mostly of insects, can I use a teleconvertor to acheive this or do I have to get a compatable macro lens. Being digital I dont know whether lenses can conflict with digital focusing :confused-

Thanks in advance (and hoping for at least one reply UNLIKE the DP forum!!)

Andy

the s7000 has a teleconvertor attachment but I'm not sure how well it would work in macro mode. Might be an idea to get a +2 or +4 filter attachment for the lens to get really close. It's not going to be ideal though as you're going to be so close you'll have a problem getting enough light onto the subject. At least I'd have thought that.

I don't know your camera but my own compact camera does macro. The picture are OK in ordinary light but are actually quite good in strong light. Might be worth trying some macro shots with strong light to see if the detail improves to where you want.

That's very good Mike, I've thought about those filters myself.

This is excellent thanks everyone. I was just wondering how filters work differently to teleconverters?

This is the type of thing I'm trying to acheive Mike, can you tell me where you purchased your filters or are they fairly common place in camera shops/online?

Andy68 said:
This is the type of thing I'm trying to acheive Mike, can you tell me where you purchased your filters or are they fairly common place in camera shops/online?

The ones I bought for the Fuji S7000 were purchased from Jessops, their own brand, about £12 each I think. I've just bought a cheap set off eBay to fit my Sigma 28mm - 300mm, +1 lens, +2 lens, +4 lens, +10 Macro lens they all come in a fold-out case and cost £24.50 inc p&p. Once I've had a chance to take some shots I'll post them on the forum.

Mike

Andy68 said:
This is excellent thanks everyone. I was just wondering how filters work differently to teleconverters?

It's very misleading to think of them as filters Andy. Whilst they fit over the front of the lens in the same way as a filter, they're actually supplementary close-up lenses which just magnify the image. Being clear glass there's also no exposure increase involved as there is with extension tubes or teleconverters, so they can be very convenient. :)

Back