Macro question. Insects with dew?

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m currently trying to get to grips with the new Canon Mpe-65 macro lens and I think I’ve finally found somewhere where dragonflies seem to be. One thing I can’t work out is how can you tell if there’s going to be an early morning dew the next day? I believe most insects stay put until they have warmed up and not covered in dew droplets making them easier to photograph and it produces interesting images IMO.
Any thoughts?

IMG_7504.JPG

To find the likelihood of dew, watch the weather forecast - you want a warm day followed by a cool night. Dew is formed by the relative humidity reaching 100% and the temperature falling further.

I like the addition of the dew drops.

To find the likelihood of dew, watch the weather forecast - you want a warm day followed by a cool night. Dew is formed by the relative humidity reaching 100% and the temperature falling further.

I like the addition of the dew drops.

Thanks for the info John. I’m hoping these hot nighttime temperatures are going to fall soon. 18 degrees at 6am doesn’t help [emoji53]

Bring a spray bottle with you,set on the finest mist output. Spray high and leave it settle naturally, do it early morning ,they dint seem to mind.

I love to shoot early morning Dew = look out for Spiders webs, they can be amazing with Dew on them

5CqAqE8.jpg

Les :)

Back