Macro with a Canon TS-E

Canon Bob

Loves the Enemy
Name
Bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just wondered whether anyone here has tried a TS-E and tubes for macro shots. The DOF should be larger for any given aperture if the tilt is used.

Ive just picked up a TS-E24 but haven't had time to try it out yet.

Bob

Not sure Bob but how close would you be to your subject with a 24mm lens?

Not sure Bob but how close would you be to your subject with a 24mm lens?

Alby,
I can get .62x and a 18cm working distance with a 12mm tube and 1.2x and 9cm WD with a 25mm tube.
Normal mag is only 0.14x at 30cm

Bob

That doesn't sound to bad, you will have to post up some shots to show us how much DOF you get but I suspect it won't be any better than your mp-e 65 at the same magnification.

Ive had my eye on the Nikon Telephoto PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D for a while now. Ive got an idea for insect macrography that I would like to try out with a tilt shift lens. Bank manager will probably tell me to wait a while though.

That doesn't sound to bad, you will have to post up some shots to show us how much DOF you get but I suspect it won't be any better than your mp-e 65 at the same magnification.

It will be intresting to see the outcome of this Bob.
Look forward to seeing some shots.
Sorry for the wait guys...I spend most of my time in a different country to all my gear. I snaffled this up in New Zealand last month.

Ive had my eye on the Nikon Telephoto PC Micro Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D for a while now. Ive got an idea for insect macrography that I would like to try out with a tilt shift lens. Bank manager will probably tell me to wait a while though.

Having the ability to offset the focal plane should give a far greater DOF. The thing I'm trying to figure out is how much tilt to use. The lens has the option to put the tilt and shift in the same plane or at 90 degrees to each other. This requires the lens being dismantled a little and rotated before reassembly.

Bob

Back