magnetic filters

Edit My Images
No
looking to find out who makes lens filters that are magnetic
don't know anything about them just one of the mates mentioned them
does anyone use them ? any good or bad points ?

Kase filters make them. Don’t know much about them, but interesting.

I use the Kase Wolverine system, and it's made me very happy. Mainly the compact nature and ease of change. Also great for in windy conditions due to the streamlined nature. Nifty pouch too that can clip to my tripod too. i would recommend also buying a magnetic filter ring for each of your lenses plus a magnetic lens cap too - to save on faff making swaps. although adds a bit to the cost.

to add balance, they fit my style perfectly but you loose the flexibility of graduated filters plus to make sure you future proof, you'll need the largest size (82mm) which may mean a step up ring(s) if the lens filter isn't large enough.
a niggle i found - which is more of an issue with me, is that the magnetic caps aren't very secure if you use when the filters are in place. i think they are designed just to be use with the filters removed and on the magnetic filter ring.

I use the Kase Wolverine system, and it's made me very happy. Mainly the compact nature and ease of change. Also great for in windy conditions due to the streamlined nature. Nifty pouch too that can clip to my tripod too. i would recommend also buying a magnetic filter ring for each of your lenses plus a magnetic lens cap too - to save on faff making swaps. although adds a bit to the cost.

any colour cast off the filters ?

Manfrotto have a range of rings, Xume, you can attach to your own filters. If you want to stack make sure your filters are XSPD mount, they have threads on both sides.

Back