Major motorbike weather is finally here

Good job I have a THE major motorcycle! (Boss Hogs don't count. :p)

Seen a few retards here too.
The sun comes out and the two wheeled summer warriors take to the roads.

I don't have a problem with bikers in general but at this time of year you do get the "fair weather" idiots who probably haven't been on their bikes
for at least 6 months.
Yesterday , turning right at a roundabout, I had one pull out in front of me, to go straight over, same exit I was heading for, moved over to allow him
and he cut me up to get in the outside lane, his mate who was following him also decided that undertaking was the thing to do and I almost broadsided
him as I started to move in to the inside lane, actually to allow him to catch his mate up :banghead:

I'm in no way anti bike. My old man has 2.
But it's true that a bit of sun will bring out the "sales director Pete" types, who get on their toys half a dozen times a year, and hoon around at daft speeds along country lanes, and trying to get their knee down on A-roads.

Then there's those who feel safe riding in shorts, t-shirts and trainers.:confused:

I've all the time in the world for safe bikers, just not for the numpties.

I'm looking out the window wishing one of my bikes had a current MOT! :mad: Looks like I will just have to cut the grass instead....

The trouble with this good weather is that my bike looks so grubby compared to all those that are kept warm and dry until days like this.
So, do I give it a good clean or do I go for a ride - no answers needed....!

Well the sun has brought the little scrotes out on their silly little scooters riding around without crash helmets, just a balaclava in the hope of causing as much trouble as possible, knowing full well the police aren't allowed to chase them.

I hate this weather on a motorbike, enough gear to keep me "safe" means. I sweat like a pig if I have to stop at lights etc. Give me a colder day so I can wrap up warm and the bike likes it cooler too. This weather brings out idiot bike riders and equally stupid car drivers in their soft tops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
just bought myself a new bike, a FZ!-S, planning on doing some major miles this year and needed a bit of a fairing to take some of the strain( did have an unfaired bandit ), first major trip is 1200 miles up to and around scotland, taking in most of the NC500...over 3 days...roll on june

I don't need no motobike. I have a 4 wheeled VAG very smelly DIESEL convertible. It is great.
Does it lean in a corner, overtake a line of cars stuck in a traffic jam, 0-60 in 3 seconds and also do 50mpg, 140 top speed etc etc. If not, then you do need a motorbike :)

Does it lean in a corner, overtake a line of cars stuck in a traffic jam, 0-60 in 3 seconds and also do 50mpg, 140 top speed etc etc. If not, then you do need a motorbike :)

It does nearly 50mpg and can overtake a bunch of cars in a suitable stretch. I don't have a motorbike licence nor skill so that will have to do I'm afraid.

I'm looking out the window wishing one of my bikes had a current MOT! :mad: Looks like I will just have to cut the grass instead....

Buy a pre 1976 Bike - not that I'm saying that an MOT is not a good thing

Just finally settled with the insurance company after I was knocked off 1 June last year. They've dragged out payment so much I had to go through the ombudsman.
Not sure I can justify another bike at the moment. Might just run the mx-5 into the ground for the commute. I do miss it though

The z750 will be the last proper bike I own is suspect, I will be retiring in 4 years and with good luck over to Crete full time and Greece and big bikes don't really commute.
It will probably be a kymco 160cc scooter for me and the wife to mosey around in.

also looking at a pair of electric bikes

The z750 will be the last proper bike I own is suspect, I will be retiring in 4 years and with good luck over to Crete full time and Greece and big bikes don't really commute.
It will probably be a kymco 160cc scooter for me and the wife to mosey around in.

also looking at a pair of electric bikes

what is wrong with a proper bike in Greece?

Personally I would just get the very toughest SUV like Merc G class considering the way the lunatics drive there.

what is wrong with a proper bike in Greece?

Personally I would just get the very toughest SUV like Merc G class considering the way the lunatics drive there.

I've driven in Greece a number of times (mainland & Island) and never saw anything worse than I've seen here.

I've driven in Greece a number of times (mainland & Island) and never saw anything worse than I've seen here.

Where are you based? Just curious so I can avoid that part! :)

Last time I've been in Crete it was essentially full of British, Irish and German drunks driving like on a getaway chase. Maybe they were locals to you...

Well, the Cretans I know think that the standard of driving improves considerably during the tourist season. A G class or similar is way too big for many of the roads (as a day to day vehicle).The locals drive a lot faster than most tourists, especially the bigger bikes along the "motorway" that runs most of the way along the North coast. Red lights are treated as advice only, as are no entry signs (especially by mopeds).

Back