Male and Female Chalk hill Blue

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, Its been a great year for me and macro/close-up photography, I got a new lens and my shots/keepers improved no end (well in my books anyway) and since then I have learnt more, even using a diffused flash in this bright sunlight helped (im in the South of France)
I have counted in total give or take, 41 different butterflies I have taken shots of, even im impressed with me :)
The spring time has been the most impressive though, so much here and so much around, walking about in June was really nice and seeing hundreds of butterflies in a hour of walking or photographing, very impressive.
Alas, all good things come to an end, the constant sun scorching the land and grass has taken its toll, now just a few butterflies and even they are to scittish to get a good shot of, I guess they are all too busy laying eggs for the next lot.
These are not shots to end my year of Macro but as I got a Male and Female chalk hill on the same day I thought it would be nice to put then up here for you all to see although I guess you must have seen enough from me and the others in this section.
I`m still very passionate about macro/close-up and as long as the wind and rain stay away i`ll do my best to get out there and try to find something to post here.
Thanks to all for your encouragement and help with your crit, good or bad as it all helps and help with IDing some of my insects.
I look forward to all those newbies that are now just starting to creep in on the scene to take note and improve as I have and lets see your photos of those critters :D
Bring on 2016............yayyyyyyyyy

DSC_5016.JPG DSC_5017.JPG

It's been great to see your shots from France species that are rare here seem to be common on the continent
Always like seeing your shots Graham always excellent and your fill flash seems to work really well
These 2 chalkhill blues are excellent I've only seen these once in the uk we don't get them up here in Wales

A very nice set lovely
It's been great to see your shots from France species that are rare here seem to be common on the continent
Always like seeing your shots Graham always excellent and your fill flash seems to work really well
These 2 chalkhill blues are excellent I've only seen these once in the uk we don't get them up here in Wales
Cheers derbydude and Pete,
It's comments like this we all like and its always encouraging.
Just think about this, I have braved 35 degs full sun just to get a few good shots, its a hard life :D
As for finding these and others, if you Have FB, join the UK butterfly group and ask if they are in your area, there's lots of helpful people there.

Cheers derbydude and Pete,
It's comments like this we all like and its always encouraging.
Just think about this, I have braved 35 degs full sun just to get a few good shots, its a hard life :D
As for finding these and others, if you Have FB, join the UK butterfly group and ask if they are in your area, there's lots of helpful people there.

Thanks Graham yes a butterfly group on Facebook is a good idea I'm already in a dragonfly one
The main thing is that some of the species just don't occur the the north of the uk but what we do have is some wonderful sites to visit some of the places I go to I don't see another person all day so I don't mind:)

Grrrrrrrrrr.... :punch:

They are around my area and not seen 1 single one this year.

And you shot both male and female...

Well done :shifty:

Grrrrrrrrrr.... :punch:

They are around my area and not seen 1 single one this year.

And you shot both male and female...

Well done :shifty:
Lol you poor man, although you won't find them in rainy legoland :D
I'd suggest that you take a couple more Bryn days and get out there looking.

Lovely shots Graham. I'm hoping to take my wife to southern france on a photography holiday next year, so if you have any regions you could recommend, id be grateful. :)

Lovely shots Graham. I'm hoping to take my wife to southern france on a photography holiday next year, so if you have any regions you could recommend, id be grateful. :)
Hi Andy and thanks for the comment.
I don't know what time of year or what part your thinking of visiting but I hope you read the above in the main post, its hot,sunny and by the end of the season there isn't much left compared to about June when it's raining with insects and butterflies.
I can't really recommend as they are all similar but the greener the area the better.
Bonne vacance

Always a pleasure to see what you have discovered Graham, and your work has improved dramatically throughout the year. I think these two shots are a great result for all your "hard work" :)

Looking forward to 2016 now and we still have 4 months to go!

Lovely! #1 looks like a fairy sitting down for a rest... (there's a little shadow on the leaf that looks like an arm)

Back