Wild Male Chaffinch.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
At a loose end this morning, so hide it was. despite having the 5Div, I'm persevering with my 7D as I don't want it to be a wasted camera and if it weren't for its grain issues, it would make a very good hide camera. Exposed to the right by a whole stop for this and very little in post, just a tad of NR, to suit my OCD about it and tamed the whites a tad. The light was soft and quite low, varying a little despite it being a fine day here and I was getting roughly 1/400 sec at ISO 1250. The best way I'm finding to ETTR with the 7D is to go to live view, have the histogram showing and get some data over in the last box to the right, without it touching the side.

tp.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous shot Dale and some lovely detail showing, well worth you going to the hide.

Gorgeous shot Dale and some lovely detail showing, well worth you going to the hide.

Thanks Graham, I've not been too well lately and I almost didn't go out there, it was -2, possibly +2 or 3 in the hide itself. Very definately a wrap up well morning.

I am very quietly pleased with this off a 7DMki at ISO 1250 and not very much post at all.

Beautiful colours, agree with Graham, well worth blowing off the cobwebs and getting out. :)

Beautiful colours, agree with Graham, well worth blowing off the cobwebs and getting out. :)

Sharp, and a lovely pose Dale - but to my eyes it looks a tad over-exposed and has therefore lost some contrast against that lovely clean background :)

Russ

lovely capture :)

Cheers guys. :)

@Rustydon, Russ, you may have a point. I turned my monitor brightness down last week as prints were coming out dark. I’ll squeak it up a bit and have another look. (y)

Sharp, and a lovely pose Dale - but to my eyes it looks a tad over-exposed and has therefore lost some contrast against that lovely clean background :)

Russ

Tweaked in levels to darken the whole image slightly. :)

tp.jpg

“Excellent” shot, with good composition and plenty of detail.(y)

George.

Back