Male Cockshafer

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Seems that you found a great combo there, everything works for me, sharpness, lighting and dof.
Strange, I couldn`t get on with my loawa lens being fully manual.

Very nice - I haven't seen the adults for years - any tips on how to find them? I do have the grubs.

Seems that you found a great combo there, everything works for me, sharpness, lighting and dof.
Strange, I couldn`t get on with my loawa lens being fully manual.
Cheers Graham, for macro, manual is good for me and l much prefer it to the Olympus 60mm macro lens.

Very nice - I haven't seen the adults for years - any tips on how to find them? I do have the grubs.
They arrive in my moth trap at this time of the year David so are attracted by the light I guess.

Nice shots Alby I never seen one.

Cheers Graham, for macro, manual is good for me and l much prefer it to the Olympus 60mm macro lens.

They arrive in my moth trap at this time of the year David so are attracted by the light I guess.
A good reason to put the moth trap out!!

I've dabbled a wee bit in Macro and a guy on a forum that I used to go on said that he gathered some of the grubs and kept them in tanks until the became adults.
By doing this, he always had fresh, good quality specimens to photograph in his studio.
He then let them go where he had found them.
Not sure how ethical this is or is it classed as cheating?

Amazing detail Alby, especially #1 (y)

I've dabbled a wee bit in Macro and a guy on a forum that I used to go on said that he gathered some of the grubs and kept them in tanks until the became adults.
By doing this, he always had fresh, good quality specimens to photograph in his studio.
He then let them go where he had found them.
Not sure how ethical this is or is it classed as cheating?
I am not sure - I wonder how easy that is.

Superb Alby lighting is excellent and like the fact that you have a green background assuming you must be using the flash as fill light ?

Not in mine this morning sadly - although I did see a squashed one the other day. It is 3 years since I last saw a live one.

Wow great photos! never seen a bug up close like that before:)

Super close-up, Alby :)(y)
- they are my least favourite bug as their grubs infested my lawn a couple of years ago, and the crows dug up the lawn to get at them! Here is a pied wagtail helping me to clear the beetles for me:
Russ
Cheers Russ, the larvae are suppose to be a bit of a nightmare for a garden lawn. ;)

Fantastic subject and shot Alby the first one for me Could I ask is it in camera stacked ?as some of the Olympus Cameras have this Feature ?
Cheers Kevin. These are single shots, yes some Olympus cameras can stack in camera but you need certain Olympus lenses for that to work in auto focus mode, l use a Sony fit Laowa 60mm 2x manual focus lens so can't make use of that feature.

Back