Male Marsh Harrier

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Was lucky to come across a few Marsh Harriers when in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago.

They normally stay well away but I got well concealed and had a fantastic hour watching them. I just wish I had taken my tripod.

Hunting Marsh Harrier by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Male Marsh Harrier by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning! (y)

Only ever seen them in the distance so would be pleased to get some shots like these

stan

Great shots and exposures, when they do come close enough for a shot I always seem to underexpose the head an rarely get any detail around the eye's. If I get the head right then I blow the highlights some where else:D.

Great shots and exposures, when they do come close enough for a shot I always seem to underexpose the head an rarely get any detail around the eye's. If I get the head right then I blow the highlights some where else:D.

Jerry - I was a little disappointed with the eye detail on these - my wife says I am too much of a perfectionist :)

Both these images from the same set had better detail around the eye (worth checking on Flickr) - I wish I could have got the same level of detail in all the shots:

Flying high by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Male Marsh Harrier by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Great opportunity to photograph them, I would be well pleased with these :)

Nice set of in-flight images Dave.
I like the first two best, just a tad sharper and good backgrounds.

Back