Non UK Mallorca locations

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all - we are off on a family holiday to Mallorca in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks. Got a hire car booked, so can travel around the island.

Going to take the D810, Tamron 24-70 and my Tokina 11-66 DX, (works fine at 16mm with no vignetting). Oh, and a travel tripod and some filters.

I have done a little research on Google Maps, but just wondered if anyone had on tips for locations ?

I'll be there in 2 weeks time too!
In Sa Coma - hadn't really thought about a trip out snapping...

It’s a very picturesque island. The north is great, Pollensa and Pollensa Town but you can just hop in the car and go for a mystery drive and you will always find interest there.

I'd recommend Sa Calobra (North), it's even more stunning if you cycle down and back up!

Thanks for all the tips. Looking forward to it even more now (especially after seeing some of the great photos posted above).

The north side of the island from end to end with its coast and rugged limestone uplands. Sheep with bells. Santuari de Lluc with the rotating virgin in the church (she supervises the collection of cash behind the altar when off duty, then pivots mechanically to face the congregation for more holy purposes when a service is due). Homely but marvellous dry-stone walls retaining terraces with olive trees. The stone zig-zags and gorge above Biniaraix. Covered springs in the woods - a sense of the preciousness of fresh water, and its husbandry. Water running in carefully-graded open conduits. Home-grown and pressed olive oil. The hunting of goats, the trapping of thrushes. The old streets, house facades, cafes, churches and trams of Soller. Estates behind locked gates. Gunshot. Strong cigarettes.

A visit is only a snapshot ...

Last edited:
We liked the caves of Drach but photography is not allowed there, so you have to buy the brochure. IMO it's worth a visit though. Other than that if you're a street shooter there are big market, we went to the Inca one.

Enjoy.

Back