Mam Tor and Rushup Edge

Name
Duncan
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing as its been a while since I managed to get on here, I thought I'd share another taken with the family in tow! This time my lovely daughter talked me into taking the dog for a proper walk still, despite it looking likely to rain rather than be a sunset as such. As we approached Mam Tor car park it got heavy with cloud but we still went up for a walk on the ridge. This slowly started to open up so the camera came out,

Rushup Edge with Golden Grass by DuncanTyson, on Flickr

Yes that cloud formation rolling up and outa the frame is stella.

Gaz

Cracking and very dramatic as Dave says. I like the way the light is splitting the frame, and the splash of golden light on the grass in front of you.
Well done fore keeping the foreground sensible.
It's a beautiful shot(y)

Cracking and very dramatic as Dave says. I like the way the light is splitting the frame, and the splash of golden light on the grass in front of you.
Well done fore keeping the foreground sensible.
It's a beautiful shot(y)
Cheers. Not sure what the "sensible" is though? Genuinely intrigued, do you mean just the amount of foreground to give the perspective? I tried to balance the light with the grass and the road lends itself to pushing towards the setting sun. Bit more room on the edge and the road wouldn't have dipped off frame.

Nice landscape, very dramatic as others have said. To suit my OCD I would have preferred the foreground not to have broken the lines of the road in the lower right corner.

That's a cracker.
Well done on not lifting the shadows in the foreground too much.

Nice landscape, very dramatic as others have said. To suit my OCD I would have preferred the foreground not to have broken the lines of the road in the lower right corner.
Thabks Jon. It was my intention was to get the road as its an iconic one round there, leading down to Edale, so I shot with my wide angle to get as much in as possible. I think on reflection one of the other compositions works better for the road as leading line but it doesn't make the use of the lower left grass as much. And the light was much warmer too.
That's a cracker.
Well done on not lifting the shadows in the foreground too much.
Thanks Viv, it was one of those conscious decisions to keep some depth to the rest with that heavy sky.

Hi Duncan
Basically i meant what @viv1969 put so succinctly!
There is often a great temptation for Togs to lift the foreground right up in PP in an attempt to make the shot look better. I guess its because they want to enhance (or should i say not loose) the detail which would generally be lost in the shadow. At sunrise and sunset because of the low angle of the sun and the dim light the foreground naturally appears dark, which would be correct (providing of course the sun isn't directly hitting the foreground).
When this occurs you often see foregrounds wound right up, which makes the shot look wholly unnatural. Of course it is a question of balance!
So that's the long explanation;) Its a cracking shot mate(y)

Hi Duncan
Basically i meant what @viv1969 put so succinctly!
There is often a great temptation for Togs to lift the foreground right up in PP in an attempt to make the shot look better. I guess its because they want to enhance (or should i say not loose) the detail which would generally be lost in the shadow. At sunrise and sunset because of the low angle of the sun and the dim light the foreground naturally appears dark, which would be correct (providing of course the sun isn't directly hitting the foreground).
When this occurs you often see foregrounds wound right up, which makes the shot look wholly unnatural. Of course it is a question of balance!
So that's the long explanation;) Its a cracking shot mate(y)
Ahh...makes sense and :D cheers for the kind words

Back