Mam Tor Sunrise 18.9.16

Ohhhh :banana: lovely shot ( and no ginger selfie bloke in sight :police: )

"Cracking" shot Chris, nuff said.(y)

George.

Am struggling now that David has declared his undying love for me :hug:

Greens in the foreground look a bit OTT in the second one

Love the first one, EXCELLENT!........Really inspired me, a deff when I get up there next week..

1st one is superb, really like it. Second one the foreground looks a wee bit sharp and HDR 'ish so definitely no. 1 for me
Thanks - I can see what you mean re fg, I will re-edit!
Really like them both, but first shot for me too.
Thanks
Nice images. My only criticism is that the gate in the second should be open so the viewer doesn't feel shut in
Thanks - hopefully will get another chance and will remember this - I was rather caught in the moment!
Thanks
Love the first one, EXCELLENT!........Really inspired me, a deff when I get up there next week..
Have fun!

I like both of these very nice indeed, love the mist rolling across the land and from that high vantage point it looks fantastic. I agree with the comments regarding the foreground and the blown sky, think id be inclined to look at some cropping options to lose some of that sky.
Additional to your "Note to self" also take some cleaning fluid with cloth! I scratched one of my Lee's when some fat arsed seagull shat on it and when i wiped it off it left a blemish in the filter :mad: so goodness know what it had been eating:rolleyes:.

I take it that the first excellent photo was looking down the hill to the righthand side of the second one.

Brilliant, this sort of scene makes a great timelapse too, it's surprising you often ocean like waves but so slow hard to see normally.

The first is rather nice but may wish to look at the levels as it is possibly a bit dark. I'm not a fan of The Gate either as I feel there are nicer compositions up there. Hard to beat a bit of Hope Valley mist though

I'd love to see a mono version. The shot is powerful but in B & W I bet it's staggeringly good.

1st shot is brill

Thanks
I like both of these very nice indeed, love the mist rolling across the land and from that high vantage point it looks fantastic. I agree with the comments regarding the foreground and the blown sky, think id be inclined to look at some cropping options to lose some of that sky.
Additional to your "Note to self" also take some cleaning fluid with cloth! I scratched one of my Lee's when some fat arsed seagull shat on it and when i wiped it off it left a blemish in the filter :mad: so goodness know what it had been eating:rolleyes:.
Thank you, good tip. They eat anything seagulls don't they!!

I take it that the first excellent photo was looking down the hill to the righthand side of the second one.
Yes exactly that, only change being I swapped to a a longer lens

Brilliant, this sort of scene makes a great timelapse too, it's surprising you often ocean like waves but so slow hard to see normally.
Cheers

The first is rather nice but may wish to look at the levels as it is possibly a bit dark. I'm not a fan of The Gate either as I feel there are nicer compositions up there. Hard to beat a bit of Hope Valley mist though
Indeed, it was a special morning thanks a lot for crit, will take a look

I'd love to see a mono version. The shot is powerful but in B & W I bet it's staggeringly good.
i'm not sold on the mono version tbh, if I get chance I will pop it on

1st is great, is the kind of inversion I was hoping for the other week. 2nd is overcooked for me, although the actual image is nice.

Nice images. My only criticism is that the gate in the second should be open so the viewer doesn't feel shut in
They're spring loaded IIRC ;)

I really like this a lot, I love having the mist there and I like that there are little patches in the mist where the landscape is revealing itself. I would be tempted to loose the little slither of sky you have left as I don't feel it adds a lot of interest to the image. Other than that spot on.

I need to get myself here and have a go myself, I always struggle to find it, postcodes don't work for places like this sadly, if you have any tips for locating it when out that way would be much appreciated.

Pretty simple mate. Head to Castleton, drive through it, go up Winnats Pass and turn right, follow the road around a few bens and there are some huge laybys on your left. You will see Mam Tor to your right. There are a couple of small gates you can go through and walk up to it or you can carry on in the car, turn right past the car park and you can drive up to it pretty much.

I need to get myself here and have a go myself, I always struggle to find it, postcodes don't work for places like this sadly, if you have any tips for locating it when out that way would be much appreciated.

As David says it's pretty easy. Once you've gone through Winnats Pass turn right at the junction at the top, follow the road round and through a sharp left corner and the road will rise, you need to take the sharp right hand turn off that leads up to Mam Tor and down into Edale. Park in a layby near the top of Mam Tor and the walk to the summit is about 10 minutes. There are location guidebooks which could help you, James Grant and Ellen Bowness have each written one for the Peak District

Back