Mamiya 645 Pro TL Polaroid Back

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,
So my 645 pro tl arrived this morning. All seems to be ok so far, apart from the viewfinder (that will be another post!).
I have a bit of a problem with the polaroid back, I cant seem to get the dark slide out. I know they only release when they are attached to the cam but ive got it all attached and that thing wont budge, I dont want to pull the grips off the end of the plate, am i missing something here?
Any help guys?
Cheers

645 pro tl pdf distructions, right click save as
2 parts, the answer may be in here ?

645 pro tl pdf distructions, right click save as
2 parts, the answer may be in here ?

Thanks for that Joxby, both of the manuals actually came with it. No joy :(
Obviously you cant remove the dark slide unless the back is on the camera, which works fine with the 120 back, but still it wont budge with the polaroid back

Well, its either faulty or your doing it wrong.:D
I know what you mean with the darkslide stuff, there are allsorts of interlocking mechanisms designed to stop you cocking things up..
err...what about double exposure selection, it might not be available for polaroids, so it locks the darkslide.
there are some electrical contacts according to the manual I just went through, maybe they need a clean.
I've spent hours fiddlin with my Bronica trying to figure out why stuff wasn't happening btw, and its never ever been its fault:thinking:

Well, its either faulty or your doing it wrong.:D
I know what you mean with the darkslide stuff, there are allsorts of interlocking mechanisms designed to stop you cocking things up..
err...what about double exposure selection, it might not be available for polaroids, so it locks the darkslide.
there are some electrical contacts according to the manual I just went through, maybe they need a clean.
I've spent hours fiddlin with my Bronica trying to figure out why stuff wasn't happening btw, and its never ever been its fault:thinking:
I have cleaned all the contacts, checked the double exposure setting and made sure everything is where it should be, but I still cant get the damn slide out. I have noticed one thing though, the box says its for a 645 pro.. is that still compat with a pro tl?

I would think so, there isn't much difference between them.

maybe its time to question the seller ?
meanwhile, I'll see if I can find a mam 645 shooter

This is what I'd do -
Compare a film back with the polaroid back, have a look see if all the little slots/hole/pins are present in both backs and are identical.
See if you can figure out which of these holes/slots/spring pins whatever, allow you to remove the darkslide from the film back whist its not mounted on the camera, and try to operate them manually on the polaroid back.

is it something to do with wind-on ?, obviously you dont wind on a polaroid back, should the shutter be cocked or not when you mount the polaroid back ? are there settings on the camera for 120 & 220 film, or are they on the film back ?

editeditedit....ere, is there film in this back, I just checked my Bronica one and the darkslide comes out with no film in it, not that that means anything but maybe a Mamiya back wont do anything without film in it..

If it's used, I'd make sure there's no build up of chemicals. Polaroid Backs have been known to get a little stiff and the chemicals that are squeezed through when you pull out each polaroid can sometimes leak.

Although I'm not too experienced with the Mamiya, I'm assuming the problem might be similar.

editeditedit....ere, is there film in this back, I just checked my Bronica one and the darkslide comes out with no film in it, not that that means anything but maybe a Mamiya back wont do anything without film in it..
That's a good point! I'm going to hazard a guess and say you're right! I should probably try it with film loaded shouldnt I ;)
Do you know what instant film types I can use other than Polaroid?

Fuji FP100B...b/w
Fuji FP100C...colour

silverprint

Might have to ask them if these are ok, I think they are

:LOL:

Thats how they come out, you can't bank on perfecto square edged and centered photos, the emulsions are always still a bit sticky, it depends on how you remove the backing paper and murphy's law + chaos theory x law of averages.
Not like the polaroid land camera polaroids, they are designed to be used as dirty proofs, the edges don't need to be perfect for you to be able to tell that the exposure/composition are how you want them before you shoot the film version.
Generally, the advice is, pull off the backing paper in one swift motion, dont faff about with half inch at a time, because the development will be un-even.
The edges...well...you get what you get given, and like it.:)

:LOL:

Thats how they come out, you can't bank on perfecto square edged and centered photos, the emulsions are always still a bit sticky, it depends on how you remove the backing paper and murphy's law + chaos theory x law of averages.
Not like the polaroid land camera polaroids, they are designed to be used as dirty proofs, the edges don't need to be perfect for you to be able to tell that the exposure/composition are how you want them before you shoot the film version.
Generally, the advice is, pull off the backing paper in one swift motion, dont faff about with half inch at a time, because the development will be un-even.
The edges...well...you get what you get given, and like it.:)
Thanks Joxby, silverprint said both those films will fit so ill order some now

I asked the guy who took that example I showed you and his response was..

"Yes, Fuji will fit in your Mamiya's Polaroid back..

The border is from a 4x5 Polaroid if you don't bother to
peel off the last bit. Sadly, this probably won't be
possible in the future unless someone picks up the 4x5
single sheet polaroid line or one uses photoshop to fake
it."

Back