Manchester Central Library - at night

now you look like the fons...:D...eat your chips..remember

an impact shot...street wise good
the shot is good technically...all the street poles and people are the unsavoury parts
a difficult vp i must admit and the lens has made its recognisable mark of soaring verticals
do you live there Moey...its one of britains greatest architectural playgrounds
try some shots round the back of the library and the river irwell...eventually merging with the mersey at irlam
cheers
geof

now you look like the fons...:D...eat your chips..remember

Hey, watch the leather ;-)

I hear you Geoff regarding the unsavoury parts. I would have liked to have had a longer exposure at least to get rid of the people, but I was going to struggle without a tripod. I made a mistake taking the 35mm with me, I should have taken the 24-70 instead. I went for a few days with the wife and two little ones, so i knew photography was going to be secondary to spending time together, hence i minimised the gear to one body, one lens. I managed to nip out of the hotel to get a few shots when they were all in the land of nod. I live in Lincolnshire, but would like to revisit specifically for photography. I'll keep your advice regarding the river in mind, I didn't realise it was so close to where we were staying. :)

Hey, watch the leather ;-)

:D

I hear you Geoff regarding the unsavoury parts. I would have liked to have had a longer exposure at least to get rid of the people, but I was going to struggle without a tripod. I made a mistake taking the 35mm with me, I should have taken the 24-70 instead. I went for a few days with the wife and two little ones, so i knew photography was going to be secondary to spending time together, hence i minimised the gear to one body, one lens. I managed to nip out of the hotel to get a few shots when they were all in the land of nod. I live in Lincolnshire, but would like to revisit specifically for photography. I'll keep your advice regarding the river in mind, I didn't realise it was so close to where we were staying. :)

D2q copy.jpg

Next time post the picture in the thread.
Its not straight btw.

Next time post the picture in the thread.
Its not straight btw.
I posted a link due to the size. A pano resized for the forum would be too small to see the detail i would have thought? Is it leaning to the right a little? I can't tell as the tram lines are throwing me off. I've stared at it so long, i can't seem to grasp which way it's leaning.

Back