Beginner Manchester docks area

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
A few hours here on Wednesday evening.

Cropped from a landscape after straightening the verticals a bit (first atempt at using Photoshop)
DSC_1281c2.jpg

First try with the clone tool. Two shadows removed from the foreground manually, several branches removed with the 'content aware' fill and a person removed (very obvious - I'll do it again but in smaller pieces)
DSC_1282e.jpg

Transport from the City was the Met. Before walking away from the stop (only edit is convert to jpg and re-size)
DSC_1271.JPG

Just before leaving and I know a lot of people will think that this view was ruined. Too windy for orbs really but my companion had never seen and orb spun so a demonstration had to be attempted! Again this is just converted to jpg and re-sized.
DSC_1301.jpg

I'm pleased with most of the photos I took ....just need to learn how to do basic stuff with Photoshop to get a bit of the edge back.

Last edited:

You don't need PS to do this, a few weeks in your RAW converter
and there you go. Here, I just did the DRL, nothing else.

DSC_1301pp.jpg

You don't need PS to do this, a few weeks in your RAW converter
and there you go. Here, I just did the DRL, nothing else

What is 'DRL'? Your version is the 'wrong' colour - it looks greener than it actually was.

I'd never spun an orb with so much background light and to improve the final image I need to remove my underexposed ghost. I'll bear this in mind when I go back and get a better orb on the bridge.

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting.

"my version" is only the colours of your shot as I did not touch the
WB but only the tonal range in the DRL of your file.

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting.

"my version" is only the colours of your shot as I did not touch the
WB but only the tonal range in the DRL of your file.

Thanks. In that case the DRL is not as seen in your version. I shall go away and read up about it.

Back