Manchester - on another gloomy day!

The symmetry is very pleasing in this. Proof that you don't need amazing weather to get decent images. The light appears to be very flat with very little in the way of shadow which makes the bridge clean and the sky a blank canvas. The person walking right to left is also of interest because why isn't (s)he walking towards or away from you? Adds interest and a storytelling element.

Some might say it could do with just a shade little more contrast, but I quite like it as it is.

Thanks for taking the time to critique Ian; after our discussion the other day I thought it would be good to start putting my images in this thread so I could possibly try and learn something.

Thanks again.

The chap walking across the image had been walking down the right hand side just prior to me taking the image and I liked the symmetry of two people; one walking towards and one walking away on opposite sides but he decided to cross over!
Not sure if it adds or subtracts from the overall image?

There were also a group of tourists behind me waiting to cross but we're waiting for me to 'get out of the way'!

Last edited:
Back