Hi, walking on this misty Manchester morning ... :

DSC05438-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

DSC05439-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

DSC05442-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

The Turing memorial (consulted an old textbook what a Turing machine does ...) :

DSC05443-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

DSC05445-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05446-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

Hi, around Manchester University. The buildings are from the Art Nouveau era, showing some stylistic elements ... --- :

DSC05447-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05449-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05451-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05452-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05454-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

DSC05456-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

I was raised in Manchester and looking through these photographs they bring back so many memories of skateboarding through the city, finding old mills and warehouses behind Piccadilly station and Ancoats to explore, and being amazed at how they constructed such a solidly built city. I never fully appreciated the canals, the architecture and the faded industrial glamour until it was too late. Even though I left the UK in 2005, I still call it home and your photographs make me want to get back and walk the streets with my camera.

Thank you for bringing back some great memories.

A very interesting documentary of Manchester architecture - thank you for posting the series.

Chris

I must say, as a Londoner™ who seldom ventures beyond the North Circular, let alone the M25, it's great to see an objective view of a city like Manchester. I've never felt particularly drawn to Manchester; I can't see what it might offer me that London doesn't, but these pics have helped change that a bit, tbh. I can see more reasons for a potential visit, now. It's a shame Manchester has tried so hard to be like Birmingham, over the last couple of decades; a lot of the 'regeneration' seems to be mainly for commercial gain rather than preserving the city's character, but it's nice to see that a lot of the older buildings are still standing. So well done Justpix.

Hi, a few from the Manchester Art Gallery :

DSC05565-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05566-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05569-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

Walking on ... :

DSC05580-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05582-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05585-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05594-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

I'm still enjoying this documentary thread - thanks for the updates. It's very interesting to see the contrast in styles of Manchester

I'm still enjoying this documentary thread - thanks for the updates. It's very interesting to see the contrast in styles of Manchester

Hi, thank you for your friendly interest! - Let's resume our walk ... :

DSC05595-a7r2-3-z21c.jpg

DSC05596-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05600-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05604-a7r2-3-z21c.jpg

DSC05605-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05608-a7r2-3-z21c.jpg

DSC05610-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

Keep on walking - it's a great series and I enjoy each update - reminds me of my younger days as a computer engineer spending more time I than I wanted to in Manchester

Hi, just a few more steps, and we come to the end of my walk through Manchester. - A lock being used :

DSC05666-a7r2-3-z21.jpg

DSC05668-a7r-3-z21.jpg

DSC05669-a7r2-3-z21.jpg

DSC05675-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

DSC05677-a7r2-3-z21-c.jpg

I find it amazing that the locks still work, after all these years ... - The last pic I took in Manchester on my way to the hotel to get my case:

DSC05683-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

There are no airport or lounge pics. There was a security threat, and security control took ages - which shows that it was diligently done. -

Thank you for your friendly comments and interest in my series, which to some must look like a Manchester Photography Marathon.

But I liked it there very much, again. I think one cannot exeggerate the importance of Manchester, for the industrial revolution, establishing the globally dominant business model,
a Coal-and Steel and manufacturing beacon for the world.

Next time I go there, I shall try to get to Liverpool by train, to walk down the Beat memory lanes there ... ---

Last edited:
This has been a fascinating, informative and entertaining documentary of Manchester, I have really enjoyed the results of your work.

Liverpool is a fascinating place, lots of history, not all of it is something to be proud of but the city is a great place to visit with a very welcoming feel. Now looking forward to your Liverpool documentary.

Chris

This has been a fascinating, informative and entertaining documentary of Manchester, I have really enjoyed the results of your work.

Liverpool is a fascinating place, lots of history, not all of it is something to be proud of but the city is a great place to visit with a very welcoming feel. Now looking forward to your Liverpool documentary.

Chris

Hi, thank you for your friendly comment. For me, it is not work, but fun. I am just a humble hobby photographer, who likes traveling, good food (and drinks), and taking pics.

My next trip to Manchester will not be very soon, I am afraid. I 'll wait, till the corona situation abates - so next year, perhaps ...

Back