Manchester

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of photos from Manchester a couple of weekends back.

Gaz

Any critique feedback is more than welcomed

GY3jiLw.jpg

QgTUKOl.jpg

Loving the 1st one Gary - the light rays are sublime one small critique, is maybe expose more for the foreground, but that's a personal niggle of mine- still a cracking shot fella

Les :)

@Lez325 "Sublime" I like that :)

Really appreciate the critique however small. I did exspose for the highlight as that was the attraction when taking the image.
As luck would have it the raw file did capture all the details in the foreground. I just chose to keep the foreground dark.

Rightly or wrongly :(

Gaz

Agree the 1st works really well, tunnel effect with the sillhouettes and light source ... 2nd is a bit meh for me in comparison, :)

Agree the 1st works really well, tunnel effect with the sillhouettes and light source ... 2nd is a bit meh for me in comparison, :)
Thanks for the feedback it's good to know what works.

Gaz

Love the first one, you've totally nailed it for me. Exposed for the highlights and let everything else go to shadow, great silhouette and atmosphere
Great to know. Thanks Ben.

Gaz

The first is great the tones and lighting are great there are a couple of lights I would clone out the one top right corner and the one to the left above the light area
The second is too cluttered IMO

@alfbranch Hiya. Thanks for the critique. I appreciate the time taken. I'll look into those lights. Tbh I'm sure I actually brightened them a touch !!!!
Yes I can see in the 2nd there is a lot going on. I just couldn't walk past the mist without taking a photo.

Gaz

Really liking the first one. I'm glad you haven't zoomed in to fill the frame with the light section - it wouldn't have worked as well.
2nd is pretty good too!

@alfbranch Hiya. Thanks for the critique. I appreciate the time taken. I'll look into those lights. Tbh I'm sure I actually brightened them a touch !!!!
Yes I can see in the 2nd there is a lot going on. I just couldn't walk past the mist without taking a photo.

Gaz
For the second zooming in with your feet to maybe the van would cleaned it up enough

Really liking the first one. I'm glad you haven't zoomed in to fill the frame with the light section - it wouldn't have worked as well.
2nd is pretty good too!
Thanks Ken.
That was my thought in not bringing up the shadow area in post.
For the second zooming in with your feet to maybe the van would cleaned it up enough
I see how that would have worked.
Thanks
Gaz

Back