weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Just back from Tesco Mandy, had planned something similar for maybe later, hope mines is as good as yours, lovely colours, simple but very effective.

Walter

Thanks.

An abundance of lovely sweets works for me

Thank you.

Great photo, very colourful, well lit and edible props! I wonder if a square crop would bring out the symmetry even more...

Thank you, the more I look at the image myself the more I think a square crop may strengthen the image.

Nicely done, very good details and colours with a good choice of plain bowl and background

Thank you for taking the time to look and for the lovely comment.

Hi Mandy, I think your image for Sharp works really well; the thorns look really vicious and stand out well against the OOF background. Your thinking for Guard(ed) with the soldier shielding himself works well for me too and suits the B&W processing, likewise the thickness of the old wall conveys that theme well and the bowl of sweets is colourful and the bright wrappers contrast well against the plainer background and bowl. I think Bernd is right that a square crop would also work well.

Nice work, and now you can eat the sweets :)

Thanks for the comments, and for taking the time to look. I have plenty of them little sweets so they will last me a while :D

Simple and on theme what more is there to say

Thanks for dropping by.

Abundance - Good one Mandy; bang on theme and well shot. Nice to see some vivid colours in this white and grey week.

Abundance - Good one Mandy; bang on theme and well shot. Nice to see some vivid colours in this white and grey week.

Thanks for dropping by, I was aiming for something nice bright and colourful after a grim few days worth of weather.

Square crop would suit the sweets I reckon, just to emphasise them that little bit more, no one else has mentioned it so maybe it's just me, but the plate and sweets seems a little on the blue side to my eyes.

Thanks for dropping by, I had another look at the image and I think your right i think there is a slight blue tinge to the image.I shall re visit it when I switch to my other pc.

I have had a look through my images for the theme " thick " as I was having my lens issues at the time. But after going through the other images I took on the day I have found a much better image with more of the wall in focus, so i am a bit happier with this edited image.

Thick edit
Thick edit by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

After re visiting my image I took for the theme " abundance " after @michael23 comments about my image looking a little blue. I have re looked at it and noticed that it was, so after a quick edit in LR I hope I have now fixed the blue tinge issue. I have also made it a square crop to see if any of you feel it's a much stronger image.

Abundance edit
Abundance edit by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Only spoiled a bit by the Dairy Milk near the top of the image being upside down and leaving an area of just purple wrapping.

You should have eaten that one!

Pete

Mmmm chocolate. Very well executed shot Really like that

Only spoiled a bit by the Dairy Milk near the top of the image being upside down and leaving an area of just purple wrapping.

You should have eaten that one!

Pete

I didn’t even see that upside down chocolate when I shot the original image :banghead:, I would of eaten it had I of seen it.

Get thee behind me temptress with the chocolate!!! :sneaky:

You just can’t help but love chocolate.

Mmmm chocolate. Very well executed shot Really like that

Thank you.

Hi Mandy, that has improved it a lot, the colour balance is much better, the square crop does suit it also. :)

Thanks, a good result finally :)

Abundance

Good colours in the wrappers. Maybe a square crop?

I can't photo things like this, there would be just a pile of empty wrappers.

Hi Mandy,

Abundance - I like the colourfulness of it, contrasting with the wooden background :)
I hadn't noticed the slight blue tinge until you posted the edit. Quite like the square crop too.

Thick (edit) - Yes, I think that is an improvement with the whole of the edge of teh wall in focus (y)

Abundance - Nice shot. Ive not eaten sugar for around 18 months but this is making my mouth water.......

Im in agreement with brrnd, maybe a square crop..? Loving the plain background too.

Thanks for the comments, I included a square crop just above your comment.

Abundance is a beaut. (y) ... fab colour & detail. Snicker for me please.

Thanks for the comments.

Abundance

Good colours in the wrappers. Maybe a square crop?

I can't photo things like this, there would be just a pile of empty wrappers.

Thanks for the comments, I have posted a square crop version as well.

Hi Mandy,

Abundance - I like the colourfulness of it, contrasting with the wooden background :)
I hadn't noticed the slight blue tinge until you posted the edit. Quite like the square crop too.

Thick (edit) - Yes, I think that is an improvement with the whole of the edge of teh wall in focus (y)

Thank you

The edited Abundance shot is better and stronger image with the square crop.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Great photo, very colourful, well lit and edible props! I wonder if a square crop would bring out the symmetry even more...

Square crop is a good idea....
I guess the shot after this will be "dentistry" related...lol

Guard - the B/W works he stands out well from it.
Thick - good find that is a very thick wall, shame about your lens.
Abundance - yummy choice for the theme the square crop suits it.

Abundance - THe edited one for me Mandy great take on the theme the square crop really suits the round bowl. Great colours and edible props :)

I am just a little behind now, but I have been out in the cold today and I now have my " Heavy " image. It's been cold and windy here again where i live and it started to snow, thankfully not that heavy and it hasn't settled. So I took a drive over to Avebury to grab some photos of the stones, whilst it decided to snow fairly heavily so haven't come away with many keepers in terms of the images I took today.
I hope this needs no introduction, but I figured an image of one of the stones would fit the theme well. Considering how and when they got to Avebury click HERE for further info on Avebury and the stones.

Heavy

Heavy by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Well done for actually getting out there Mandy. It's not been great here in Aldershot.

Been there many years ago when I wasn't into my photography. Must go back one day when it's a bit warmer.

Nicely on theme, Very heavy and almost looks like it's high fiving you

Nice shot for the theme Mandy, I like the angle you've captured it from

Well done for actually getting out there Mandy. It's not been great here in Aldershot.

Been there many years ago when I wasn't into my photography. Must go back one day when it's a bit warmer.

Nicely on theme, Very heavy and almost looks like it's high fiving you

Nice shot for the theme Mandy, I like the angle you've captured it from

Thank you

This grey weather is not helping any of us, it certainly looks heavy, really good subject for the theme.

Hi Mandy

That stone looks more interesting to me being on it's Tod. Makes it standout from the background and appear to be very heavy.
The weather is not nice and puts me off going out, but we have been getting much brighter days as well.

I took a drive out in the car for my first visit to Blenheim Palace, and what a stunning place the 12th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough have. I didnt get chance to see the entire palace on the first visit so I plan to go back. Whilst out walking in the formal gardens they have some lovely sculptures and statues, so I managed to get my 52 image as well. My original plan was to photograph the statue of the Roman guard that they have on the grounds but I couldn't find it on my walk round, so I came up with a substitute instead. Click here for further info on Blenheim Palace, I hope you will like the image and thank you for taking the time to look at my thread.
The idea behind this image for me is the statue, is using his shield to " guard " his head from what was going to attack him.

Week 7 - Theme Guard

Blenheim Palace (163) by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

I like this shot, the angle shows his power and strength well.

Hes certainly guarding his 2 post important assets haha.

Today I went back To Blenheim Palace ( for my second visit ) to go and do the private apartment tour of where the Duke and Duchess live, and they have some stunning rooms and even more interesting history to be seen. I even met the Duchess briefly, whilst wandering about the place getting a little cold. I sat down to check to see if the new theme had been posted and it had been. So I got on my English heritage app to see what was close by I could go and see and the ruins at Minster Lovell popped off. So after finishing my visit to Blenheim I got in the car and headed out to Minster lovell hall to see if I could find anything to fit the theme, and as luck would have it I did manage to find something. The image is a close up section of what would of been once upon a time a " Thick " outer wall of the hall, click here for further info on Minster lovell hall. Sadly my day didnt end great as my lens I use for most of my shots has got an issue with focusing, and it was working lovely on Wednesday and thursday morning:(.

Week 8 - Theme " Thick " wall

Thick by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Agree with you that the 2nd image you posted is stronger, and its certainly a thick wall :)

Wow it seems the weeks are flying past us once again, just a simple bright colourful image from me. As like most of the UK I have been stuck in thanks to the high winds and snow, today has been my first chance to make it to my local Tesco. So i was able to get what I needed to execute my idea for the theme.

Week 9 - Theme " abundance " of little sweets.

Abundance by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Fit the theme well, to me its an abundance of stomach issues just looking at it :(, but love the image.

I am just a little behind now, but I have been out in the cold today and I now have my " Heavy " image. It's been cold and windy here again where i live and it started to snow, thankfully not that heavy and it hasn't settled. So I took a drive over to Avebury to grab some photos of the stones, whilst it decided to snow fairly heavily so haven't come away with many keepers in terms of the images I took today.
I hope this needs no introduction, but I figured an image of one of the stones would fit the theme well. Considering how and when they got to Avebury click HERE for further info on Avebury and the stones.

Heavy

Heavy by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Love the position of the image, but its just missing something for me. Not sure what it is but it seems a bit dull to me.

Heavy
This reminds me of Asterix (the cartoon), Obelix used to carry a rock around like this on his back.

This reminds me of an old film set. The solid grey sky looks unreal, I like it. (y)

Well that stone looks heavy! Great angle and composition, and the muted colours work well!

Heavy - Such a shame the weather is so grey at the moment - a nice blue sky would really lift it but there is not much you can do about that great choice for the theme

This grey weather is not helping any of us, it certainly looks heavy, really good subject for the theme.

Hi Mandy

That stone looks more interesting to me being on it's Tod. Makes it standout from the background and appear to be very heavy.
The weather is not nice and puts me off going out, but we have been getting much brighter days as well.

Hello Mandy, great capture, looks even better on your flickr page. Another interesting article to read as well.

Walter

Heavy
This reminds me of Asterix (the cartoon), Obelix used to carry a rock around like this on his back.

This reminds me of an old film set. The solid grey sky looks unreal, I like it. (y)

Well that stone looks heavy! Great angle and composition, and the muted colours work well!

Heavy - Such a shame the weather is so grey at the moment - a nice blue sky would really lift it but there is not much you can do about that great choice for the theme

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment.

This was not the destination that I had in mind for this theme, but after not being able to find the location that I was after. I had to settle on another location instead, so after a good drive around some pretty Cotswold villages. I stopped in Fairford for a walk around to stretch my legs, my chosen image is of the old mill further info can be found HERE.

Wet

Wet by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Back