weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Over is a really nice landscape shot, nicely composed, good colours not really any thing to criticise from my point of view :). I'm sure I recognise the location as well, I have a feeling I might have visited it with my parents many years ago.

works well Mandy, dull light, but colours are nice. bridge stands out nicely

Over is a really nice landscape shot, nicely composed, good colours not really any thing to criticise from my point of view :). I'm sure I recognise the location as well, I have a feeling I might have visited it with my parents many years ago.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Lovely landscape, very nice colours and dramatic sky! And of course right on theme.

i was about to say how cluttered i found Over, but the more i looked AT the bridge the less i saw the surrounds..to the point i could just see a bridge over water.. and left me wanting to visit it myself. (y)

Oh dear Mandy, you are suffering for your art in your 52, this year! First a fall and injured wrist, then a broken car and jack the following week - hope everything's fixed now :)

Stark is definitely that, a lovely old ruin under a stark white sky, and Over is a lovely scene, well composed and some nice dark details in the sky to balance the scene. Looks like an interesting location and one to revisit when (if) we ever see a blue sky again.

i was about to say how cluttered i found Over, but the more i looked AT the bridge the less i saw the surrounds..to the point i could just see a bridge over water.. and left me wanting to visit it myself. (y)

Thanks for dropping by.

Oh dear Mandy, you are suffering for your art in your 52, this year! First a fall and injured wrist, then a broken car and jack the following week - hope everything's fixed now :)

Stark is definitely that, a lovely old ruin under a stark white sky, and Over is a lovely scene, well composed and some nice dark details in the sky to balance the scene. Looks like an interesting location and one to revisit when (if) we ever see a blue sky again.

Yes you could say there’s been a few issues to the start of my challenge, thankfully the wrist is all better now. The car is all sorted thankfully it wasn’t my little car that misbehaved. Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to stop by much appreciated.

Today I was able to go out and it didnt rain on me :):), so me and a friend of mine went of to Basildon park and had a cracking day out, hopefully some fantastic images to cherish as well. It's a lovely little place and the rooms are fantastic, a great day out for me and my friend, click HERE for further info about the house and estate.. Onto my image the link to the theme is the house was built in 1776, so for me the connection is this house doesn't look bad for it's "age", as for pp I turned it into a mild HDR image in Photomatix, I hope you will like it and thanks in advance for those that take the time to look and comment.

Basildon Park
This house was built in 1776, so doesn't look to bad for its " age "

Age(ing) by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Didn't think much of it at first because there was so much grass in the foreground but then I went to the Flickr page (I usually do for a bigger, better look) and full screen I really rather like it and the grass quantity is now agreeable. Yes, I like it.

I really like your over image, and that sky adds a menacing touch to a tranquil shot, great subject.
Your aged shot is also nice, you seem to have a knack of finding old subjects (church, bridge, buildings) and you present them well.

Didn't think much of it at first because there was so much grass in the foreground but then I went to the Flickr page (I usually do for a bigger, better look) and full screen I really rather like it and the grass quantity is now agreeable. Yes, I like it.

Thank you for dropping by.

Lovely age shot Mandy, like the sky in this as not too moody plus the person in view as well. Glad it stayed dry for you and thanks for the info, think it would go great in mono too plus just the right amount of HDR :)

Glad you think the shot is lovely, and thank you for dropping by.

I really like your over image, and that sky adds a menacing touch to a tranquil shot, great subject.
Your aged shot is also nice, you seem to have a knack of finding old subjects (church, bridge, buildings) and you present them well.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

nice building and nice sky, I think it might have been better if just the central part of the house was the image it would have removed the tree

Very nice Mandy it certainly a grand old building and looks very good for it's age. I may have been tempted to crop a but of the grass off the bottom just to bring the house closer.

:agree: with Mark, I'd have been tempted to crop the grass and go for a panorama style crop but good details in the building and and good exposure in the sky.

nice building and nice sky, I think it might have been better if just the central part of the house was the image it would have removed the tree

Like the composition of both over and age. You have caught the atmosphere of Basildon House very nicely.

Very nice Mandy it certainly a grand old building and looks very good for it's age. I may have been tempted to crop a but of the grass off the bottom just to bring the house closer.

:agree: with Mark, I'd have been tempted to crop the grass and go for a panorama style crop but good details in the building and and good exposure in the sky.

Thanks for the lovely comments and for taking the time to look.

Lovely shot. And I like the compo, grass, tree & all. (y) It might be old but ageing well.

A very good shot of a lovely old building. Great colours and I like the moody sky (it's all we see here). Good job with the perspective as well.

On theme Mandy, but I'm not crazy about the composition. It feels accidentally off centre, and to my eye I'd rather the centre of the central roof was either bang on the centre line, or significantly off to one side.
But that's just me, other comments are happy with the composition.

Right on theme and lovely colours, but I would probably use a letterbox crop to get rid of most of the grass and sky.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

You are certainly getting some moody skies in these last 2 weeks

Week 4 - Over, nice balance in composition - sky is moody but you can't always have blue skies and fluffy white clouds and that places it as a winter shot.
Week 5 - Age, again love the skies and good view point.

On theme Mandy, but I'm not crazy about the composition. It feels accidentally off centre, and to my eye I'd rather the centre of the central roof was either bang on the centre line, or significantly off to one side.
But that's just me, other comments are happy with the composition.

Right on theme and lovely colours, but I would probably use a letterbox crop to get rid of most of the grass and sky.

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

You are certainly getting some moody skies in these last 2 weeks

Week 4 - Over, nice balance in composition - sky is moody but you can't always have blue skies and fluffy white clouds and that places it as a winter shot.
Week 5 - Age, again love the skies and good view point.

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Well this theme didnt inspire me that much and I may have first my first theme to do a reshoot on, my image was taken whilst I was visiting Upton house on the outskirts of Banbury a close up of one of the trailing roses they have there.

Week 6 - Theme - Sharp

Sharp by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Hi PBB

I like the Aged old house image, great colours and it appears to be level, however my eyes see the left hand wall as being slightly out (leaning in at the top), it be the angle you took the picture or that the ground appears to have a slight hollow in front of the house.
(I'm not being picky but my eyes seem to really pick out these details)
Just had a thought, did you use lens profiles when you PP the image as it might be a slight bit of barrel distortion. Anyway if I was looking at this on my laptop I would not see it.

Sharp, very sharp thorns in focus, nice background colour.

Pete

Age - good dramatic sky I agree with Brrnd a letter box crop would suit it well.
Sharp - good Dof that really pops from the back ground and certainly sharp

Sharp
That stands out really well against the background. I wouldn't want to catch myself on that.

Lovely sharp image Mandy, can't complain with that one!

Again, very sharp, 'nuff said.

Hi PBB

I like the Aged old house image, great colours and it appears to be level, however my eyes see the left hand wall as being slightly out (leaning in at the top), it be the angle you took the picture or that the ground appears to have a slight hollow in front of the house.
(I'm not being picky but my eyes seem to really pick out these details)
Just had a thought, did you use lens profiles when you PP the image as it might be a slight bit of barrel distortion. Anyway if I was looking at this on my laptop I would not see it.

Sharp, very sharp thorns in focus, nice background colour.

Pete

Age - good dramatic sky I agree with Brrnd a letter box crop would suit it well.
Sharp - good Dof that really pops from the back ground and certainly sharp

Sharp
That stands out really well against the background. I wouldn't want to catch myself on that.

Lovely sharp image Mandy, can't complain with that one!

Love the simplicity and contrasty BG (y)

Again, very sharp, 'nuff said.

Thanks all for the comments, it would seem that this image has gone down better than I thought it would do.

Great photo, perfect sharpness and great use of DoF!

Sharp is bang on theme, I do wonder if a smaller aperture would have kept more of the thorns in focus though ?

Great photo, perfect sharpness and great use of DoF!

Thanks for dropping by.

Sharp is bang on theme, I do wonder if a smaller aperture would have kept more of the thorns in focus though ?

A smaller aperture may have helped, but I was also fighting against the wind so I could of been there all day trying to get a better image.

Back