weekly Mandys TP 52 2017 Week 11 Dark Added

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
l am looking forward to joining in with the fun again, I have missed it. Sadly I fell by the wayside and ended up on the wall of shame, for my 2016 effort. I am leaving Wickes at the beginning of 2017 and going to become a Tree surgeon, so I am very excited by the challenges that will offer me.I will be driving soon as I go on an Intensive driving course with practical car test at the end of it from the 23rd of January to the 27th of January. So I wont be relying on my motorbike to get me to and from places. As after the accident I had on the 20th of June 2016 I still dont have my confidence back on dual carriageways on my little 125, but I am made of strong stuff so I am continuing to ride. Since I last took part in this challenge I was still a Canon user, I am now a fully fledged Nikon user the tools that I will be using for this challenge is My Nikon D610 that I got late last year and my Nikon D810 that santa has not that long got me. I also have a Nikon SB800 flashgun and another flashgun, my lenses are 24-120 G IF 80-400 D and 70-300 G IF ED, I also have a stunning Manfrotto MT190XPRO3 tripod and MHXPRO-3W head,to assist me in my challenge.

My guidelines for this year are as follows.........
  1. Complete the 52 challenge.
  2. Have fun.
  3. No jokers.
  4. Constructive commenting on other people's threads.
  5. Improve my photography skills and pp skills.
  6. Get the best out of my new camera and lenses.
  7. plenty of outdoor shots.
So with my intro out the way I will now happily await the first theme for 2016.

• week 0 - Song title / Lyrics
  • week 1 - Order
  • week 2 - Comfort
  • week 3 - Hairy
  • week 4 - Smooth
  • week 5 - Mineral
  • week 6 - Whole
  • week 7 - Structure
  • week 8 - Routine
  • week 9 - Numbers
  • week 10 - Atrractive
  • week 11 - Dark
  • week 12 - Reshoot - Power
  • week 13 - Above
  • week 14 - Evolved
  • week 15
  • week 16
  • week 17
  • week 18
  • week 19
  • week 20

Last edited:
Clean crisp product shot, I always thought women drove men to drink....

I like it, (and am tempted to try it ;)) Nice composition and lighting.

Glad you've seen the light by moving to the dark side!!!! [emoji850]

Standing nicely with a dark background, not familar to that song:D but certainly on theme.

Wonderfully clean and simple shot Mandy and bang on theme. Love the white bg and that you managed to retain the detail and colour in the base and white lettering.

As above really, Mandy. The negative space works really well with the white background and is crying out for a few words, tag line or ad slogan! Lighting is spot on as said too. Easy to lose that white writing at the bottom of the can. Good start :)

Last edited:
I like it, (and am tempted to try it ;)) Nice composition and lighting.

Glad you've seen the light by moving to the dark side!!!! [emoji850]

Standing nicely with a dark background, not familar to that song:D but certainly on theme.

Wonderfully clean and simple shot Mandy and bang on theme. Love the white bg and that you managed to retain the detail and colour in the base and white lettering.

Nice image Mandy, a lovely clear background, a subtle shadow grounding the can, and a real nice colourful and brightly lit can... good choice :)

As above really, Manby. The negative space works really well with the white background and is crying out for a few words, tag line or ad slogan! Lighting is spot on as said too. Easy to lose that white writing at the bottom of the can. Good start :)

Thanks very much for the kind comments.

For practice image, not bad at all :) well done!
Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Great composition with the negative space! I like the colourful can with the slightly off-white background.

The can stands out well against the white, fits the song choice well too.

Good luck this year Mandy, I hope you make it.

Nice start there, I never find white backgrounds easy, you've done well, the colours in the can really stand out clearly.

For practice image, not bad at all :) well done!
Happy New Year!

Nice shot, well done. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

Great composition with the negative space! I like the colourful can with the slightly off-white background.

Welcome back, Mandy! You've got some terrific gear to help you with your challenge and I look forward to following your thread.

Good choice for the first image; a very clear and colourful subject, well lit and bold.

Alcohol, very topical for tonight :)

Cheers.

The can stands out well against the white, fits the song choice well too.

Thanks all for the comments.

Good luck with the new job and driving test, also this year's 52.

I like your start to the 52. I've found these types of shot difficult in the past, getting the right amount of lighting and shadow but you have done it very well. I like the can placed on a third and the space you have left in the shot.

Good luck with the new job and driving test, also this year's 52.

I like your start to the 52. I've found these types of shot difficult in the past, getting the right amount of lighting and shadow but you have done it very well. I like the can placed on a third and the space you have left in the shot.

Works well for your chosen song Mandy :)
I didn't know you could buy that in cans, I've only ever seen bottles.
Good start to the year. Keep it up ;)

I do rather like that stuff it's a bit yummy, and thanks to both of you for your kind comments.

Blimey, we've had Cocaine and now Alcohol :D

Great placement Mandy and lots of negative space. Only slight crit is on my screen the background is split into two different tones with the bottom half slightly pink. It does help to ground the can though. Welcome back (y)

With the practice week out of the way we move swiftly on to week one, I thought that this was going to be a tough theme for me. I actually found this theme easy to do, the idea was to select some of my model motorbikes and arrange them in " order " of size. I hope that you all like my attempt at this theme, and as always I appreciate everyone that takes the time to look and comment.

Week 1 Order

Order by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Clever take on the theme, and nice DOF I like this a lot.

Can't beat a good motorbike pic :)

I would like to have seen a little less light on the swingarm of the front bike as it has blown away the detail a little.

All in all though a great pic and excellent interpretation of this weeks theme (y)

Clever take on the theme, and nice DOF I like this a lot.

Thanks for dropping by.

Can't beat a good motorbike pic :)

I would like to have seen a little less light on the swingarm of the front bike as it has blown away the detail a little.

All in all though a great pic and excellent interpretation of this weeks theme (y)

Yes I agree with you on the swing arm, Sod's law that I only noticed it after I posted the image, I feel it might be one for a reshoot. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look and comment.

Very quick off the mark Mandy! I like the colours. I think I would prefer a tad more DoF, but that's just me.

That was quick off the mark! nice dof and love the colours. At first I thought I would have liked to have seen the front wheels symmetrical as well as the rear, but I guess that might have made the lining up of the bodies less pleasing.

Quick off the mark Mandy, like the shot of the bikes and a good start too :)

Very quick off the mark Mandy! I like the colours. I think I would prefer a tad more DoF, but that's just me.

Good take on the theme and good use of depth of field though i find the lighting a bit on the harsh side

Thanks for the comments I agree that the lighting is a bit harsh.

Back