Manx Classic Hillclimb 2013

Name
Juan
Edit My Images
No
Took the day off to catch this event which saw an entry of over 80 or so entrants in a multitude of classes. Don't let the sun in the pictures fool you - it was bitterly cold, and just before lunch it snowed. Yep. That's the Isle of Man.

#1 The old

#2 The lurid (and rapid)

#3 The scenic

#4 The muscle

Another vote for the last shot (y)
And have to agree with you about the very rapid and loud Puma :eek: Ive seen it up close at Prestcott and boy is it quick..
Great shots.
Clive.

wonderfull shots and I like the last one too.
nice focus and color.

I went to gurston hillclimb and it great how close you can get to the cars coming up the hill.

Last edited:
The 1st and last are stunners Juan :)

Thanks Graham!

Another vote for the last shot (y)
And have to agree with you about the very rapid and loud Puma :eek: Ive seen it up close at Prestcott and boy is it quick..
Great shots.
Clive.

I read that is has 600 bhp. It was something to see and hear!

1 is a cracking shot

Thanks!

wonderfull shots and I like the last one too.
nice focus and color.

I went to gurston hillclimb and it great how close you can get to the cars coming up the hill.

It's a great little event - such variety in cars.

A few more from day 3 of the event - the Lhergy Frissell. Don't ask me what that means, but basically they start in Ramsey and follow the TT course up to somewhere near Guthries Memorial!

#5 This was even "beastier" than the Puma...

#6 A Ferrari approaches...

#7 Something a bit older...

Is that the Sloc hillclimb ?,I marshalled that event back in 98 iirc and was at the flying finish
Cracking selection and scenery (y)

some nice photos there loving the audi quattro

Is that the Sloc hillclimb ?,I marshalled that event back in 98 iirc and was at the flying finish
Cracking selection and scenery (y)

The first 4 are from the Sloc, yes. It's a cracking climb and there are some lovely backdrops. I could only stay for an hour or two sadly so didn't get as many as I'd have liked. The last 3 were from the Gooseneck on the TT course the next day.

some nice photos there loving the audi quattro

Thanks! Even more horses in that one - 850 apparently. An absolute monster!

Back