MANY new submissions...

Edit My Images
No
Hi all.. just wanted to update you all and let you know I've added quite a few new shots to my gallery and also added 3 new sub albums. Please take a look and comments always welcome.

Here's a sample...

angle.jpg

and one more...

lines.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

Sorry... can't link to my other site... lets try this...

lines.jpg

And one more...

angle.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

looking good there Aeryk, some really nice work, try playing with borders a little more, a border can change an image immensly

I am sorry but the first shot does nothing for me personally. I do like the second though, the twisted angle makes for an interesting composition. I noticed that you have some lens flare in the sky, on this shot it would be quiet easy to remove in PSP or Photoshop and would stop if from being slightly distracting and leading your eye away from the building.

As EosD has already stated, adding a simple border can transform an image. It is worth playing around with these and if you have Photoshop there is a tutorial in the Tutorials, links and reviews forum that may be helpful.

I think you'd have done better with that first shot to get in closer and concentrate on the rings and texture of that cross- section of timber, particularly if you could have waited for some side lighting to emphasise the detail.

The second shot is great with the powerful diagonal line of the building and good colour saturation. 8)

try cropping the first image then converting to black/white to bring out the texture....

Thanks for the words of wisdom guys... I appreciate it very much. I'll post some changes as soon as I get a chance to manipulate the photos.

Eric

1st shot imo lacks a little depth of the subject and because of this looks flat, I also think cropping and maybe converting to b/w would make an improvement.
2nd is excellent the lens flare was only noticeable to me after being mentioned, I myself would be pleased with this shot.
Well done.
Ken.

OK... I did the change on the "Lines" photo, but instead fo changing it to a B&W, I did a color negative of it and REALLY like the result. You can pick up the subtle hues of "life circles" and MUCH more detail in the lines themselves.

colorneglines.jpg

This is the finished "angle" shot with a plain matte border and I do agree, borders do add a different subtle change to the photo. Thanks to everyone for their words of advice and constructive criticism...

angles01.jpg

Regards,
Eric

It's a pity Eric you didn't get rid of that bramble running across the section of tree. I often do a little selective gardening and pruning around shots like those. :LOL:

much better! well done..

CT said:
It's a pity Eric you didn't get rid of that bramble running across the section of tree. I often do a little selective gardening and pruning around shots like those. :LOL:

Believe me I know, CT... Unfortunately this was taken at a local park & I didn't even notice the shadow until after I got home.

Thanks again, guys.

Eric

Back