Marbled Godwit Strike

That angle certainly accentuates the length of its bill and the water drops add nicely. :)

I agree with Gramps I really like the eye level angle and the water splash really adds to this. If I was being really picky I would have like to see the whole of the bill, if it was possible to wait until it pulls it back up.

Very nice take, Mike! :)

I suppose these never need straws! :D

I agree with Gramps I really like the eye level angle and the water splash really adds to this. If I was being really picky I would have like to see the whole of the bill, if it was possible to wait until it pulls it back up.

Cheers for the thoughts Gareth. I agree, it would have been nice with a quick withdrawing action, but unfortunately, he just stood there for a while with his beak underwater. This is when he finally came up for air, and I have no idea what he has caught here, but it lacks the dynamism of the first frame for me

Marbled-with-snack.jpg

Mike

Original shot for me too. This shot ( and the 2nd for that matter) really does have the "wow" factor about it, stunning shot/s.

Awesome stuff Mike, can't say much more than that. I think I'd pick the first image of the 2 but it's a tough choice. Super sharp, lovely light, background nicely mushed (I'd maybe take a bit off the top of the first) and the DOf is nailed.

Top work! (y)

Beautiful mate you and that low pov over water are a match made in heaven, are you in it again here or on the bank?? No. one for me too buddy

Stunning image making

Back