Marina at midnight

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken at Caversham marina near reading, I just wanted to show the peace and tranquillity of the marina at night.

There was not a great deal of ambient light, and all images were taken around f8/10 and were two or three minute exposures. (I don’t have exact details on here, so i’m going from memory, but can hunt them out if anyone has a burning need to know)

Added to the usual challenge of long exposure shots was the fun of shooting a bunch of boats that are happy to move given the slightest breeze, while standing on a pontoon that was also afloat and prone to ‘bounce’ if i moved.BB474E68-B136-45B6-9B4C-6E5AE757EA5B.jpeg18C16A6B-2F01-44C7-A1AF-51EAEF789076.jpegF4448696-48A8-4208-982B-43CF6B41883C.jpeg

Those are really good Gavin, a great idea and very well achieved. I might see if I can plagiarise that idea!

Those are really good Gavin, a great idea and very well achieved. I might see if I can plagiarise that idea!
Thanks very much, and I'm pleased to provide a little inspiration - so long as we get to see what you achieve just in case you come up with an idea I can pinch too..

Finding the right marina is the first trick, which you accomplished well. I shall go a-hunting...

I like those, and I understand that feeling of a late night Marina.....good work.

Back