weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

Two good images there, Mark. Our cats can be little horrors when I try to take photos of them but you've done well here - the first one sums up the pleasure of play and I like the focus on the nearest eye, while the second one looks contented and B&W works well. You're right, pets bring a lot of pleasure :)

Two good images there, Mark. Our cats can be little horrors when I try to take photos of them but you've done well here - the first one sums up the pleasure of play and I like the focus on the nearest eye, while the second one looks contented and B&W works well. You're right, pets bring a lot of pleasure :)

Thank you Andrea much appreciated:)

Hoping to get my week 3 taken tomorrow just need the right tool!

I do have a image that I will share once I've taken a current image as I really don't want to use archive images.

Your pleasure shot is bang on theme, the focus is right on the cat's eye.

Very nice Mark. I like the simplicity of the shot and the wood shavings add interest and context. Nice to see the archive shots too.

Very nice set of images - I especially like the first image of the plane. I can almost smell the wood shavings now!

In fear of repeating everyone else.. a very nice set of images. The B&W compliments the age of the tools.

And a few more first off an archive image this was a focus sacked image I took for a set subject of Simplicity and the judge said it wasn't simple enough!

WEEK 3 TOOL (ARCHIVEIMAGE) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 3 TOOL(S) (4 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 3 TOOL(S) (5 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

This is an old axe used to shape timber beams.

WEEK 3 TOOL(S) (6 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Hi Mark,
I am loving your photos, you have nailed the composition and the b&w and aged images are in keeping with the age of the tools. The detail is the shavings, they are so crisp, huge thumbs up from me.

Great shots, I really love the first two, great light, great composition and the B&W processing works a treat!

I'm not having it that they are both tools, the round thing next to the mallet is a piston and corod out of one of you old mini's A-Series' isn't it ;)
Works really well in B&W Mark. Tight crop/composition works nicely too.

I really like your posted image...a nice pair of good old thumpy things!:giggle:
Excellent processing for b&w.
The shavings add some nice context also.
The rest of your set are excellent too...I'm leaning towards the axe(?) image...something about the simple composition does it for me!
Truly nice work Mark!:clap:

Very nice, Mark! I especially like the shapes and textures of the tools, which are accentuated by your monochrome processing, and the shavings add some extra interest as well as the perfect contrast to the darker tools. Interesting to see the archive images too.

I like the inclusion of the wood shavings. lots of interesting tools, I think I remember the archive shot from a previous 52.

Indeed they are Mark, very interesting (y)

Thanks Chris dad has so many old tools after more than 50 years in the trade, I could spend ages photographing them.

And very nicely presented - like it a lot.

Thank you

Very nice Mark. I like the simplicity of the shot and the wood shavings add interest and context. Nice to see the archive shots too.

Thanks Pete appreciate your comments.

I like that, the black & white and the wood shavings add to the effect.

Thanks Dominic :)

:clap:I Agree with the above, a nice set of photos

Cheers Clive (y)

Very nice set of images - I especially like the first image of the plane. I can almost smell the wood shavings now!

Thanks Paul, yes it's lovely going out in the works we're currently machining a lot of cedar and that has really distinctive smell.

In fear of repeating everyone else.. a very nice set of images. The B&W compliments the age of the tools.

Thanks Helen.

Hi Mark,
I am loving your photos, you have nailed the composition and the b&w and aged images are in keeping with the age of the tools. The detail is the shavings, they are so crisp, huge thumbs up from me.

Thank you Heather I really appreciate your comments.:)

Lovely shots. The wood shavings really add to the pics. My favourite is the first one with the hammer. B&W suit the theme nicely too.

Thank you (y)

Great shots, I really love the first two, great light, great composition and the B&W processing works a treat!

Cheers Bernd

All good shots Mark, but imo you picked the right one for the main thread a great shot and love it in mono.

Thank you Dave much appreciated.

I'm not having it that they are both tools, the round thing next to the mallet is a piston and corod out of one of you old mini's A-Series' isn't it ;)
Works really well in B&W Mark. Tight crop/composition works nicely too.

Cheers Tim :p

I really like your posted image...a nice pair of good old thumpy things!:giggle:
Excellent processing for b&w.
The shavings add some nice context also.
The rest of your set are excellent too...I'm leaning towards the axe(?) image...something about the simple composition does it for me!
Truly nice work Mark!:clap:

Thank you Gareth :ty:

Very nice, Mark! I especially like the shapes and textures of the tools, which are accentuated by your monochrome processing, and the shavings add some extra interest as well as the perfect contrast to the darker tools. Interesting to see the archive images too.

Thank you Andrea

I like the inclusion of the wood shavings. lots of interesting tools, I think I remember the archive shot from a previous 52.

Thank you :)

I think I'm going to be late with week 4 which annoys me as I really wanted to post on time this year but I just haven't found anything that works for me. :mad:

Some great images for tools there, very nicely captured :)

That's brilliant Mark, I like it :)

Great shot there, well taken and is right on theme.

I think it works for the theme as it does look discarded, really do like this shot too and the poor rusty Mini.

Thanks Dave :)

That's brilliant Mark, I like it :)

Cheers Chris (y)

Great shot there, well taken and is right on theme.

Thank you Rick.

nice one... did you make this? I dabble in scale modelling but not to this standard

Thanks Robert no sadly not that talented I brought some time ago.

It's definitely right, great shot.

Thanks Clive

A fine example of the modelers art very well taken.

Love the shot of the mini and I think it fits the theme very well. But everytime I look at it now it looks as though it is on a magic flying carpet!! Not sure what trick of the eye is making me think that! Was it actually shot on that background or have you transposed it?

That's a really interesting shot!

Back