weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

Name
Mark Gameson
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy New Year to you all.

I'm currently away on holiday where the Wifi connection isnt great I will try and get week 1 sorted asap.

Week 1: Local Interest - Tenby Lifeboat Houses
Week 2: Pleasure - Frankie and Honey
Week 3: Tool(s) - Woodworking Tools
Week 4 - Discard - Mini
Week 5 - Snappers Choice -
Light Trails
Week 6 - Wild
Week 7 - Broken
Week 8 - Ability

Week 9 - Winter - Bare Trees
Week 10 - Book - A Stig and a Skip
Week 11 - Transport - VW Transporter and a Bike
Week 12 - Fence - Tree Lined Path
Week 13 - Flora - Flowers
Week 14 - Time - Limited Time
Week 15 - Snappers Choice Canal Scenes
Week 16 - Your Initial - M is for Morris Mini MKII
Week 17 - More than 1 of - Windows
Week 18- Music - MR Tees Record Shop
Week 19 - Colourful - Light Painting
Week 20 - Something Old - Faded Signs
Week 21 - Liquid - Kidderminster Water Works
Week 22 - Household Item - Egg Timer
Week 23 - Hidden Away - Cats Playing Worry Dad!
Week 24 - Small - Minis
Week 25 - Snappers Choice -
Week 26 - Mother Nature - View from Clent
Week 27 - Signs - Road and Shop
Week 28 - Secure
Week 29 - Personal
Week 30 - Graceful - Bee

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my first image for my 2020 challenge.

Local Interest.... A little bit of a shoehorn Tenby's old Lifeboat house with the new one in the background. Why a shoehorn well it was local when I was on holiday over the New Year :exit:and well I wish it was Local to me and not nearly 4 hours away!

WEEK 1 LOCAL INTERST by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

As it's week one, I'll let you off 'Archive' Mark ;)
Those Reds and Blues are very vibrant. I thought you'd come over to the darkside and joined the Fujista, but evidently not.
I love the gull cheekily sitting on top of the roof... Nice start to your 52.

As it's week one, I'll let you off 'Archive' Mark ;)
Those Reds and Blues are very vibrant. I thought you'd come over to the darkside and joined the Fujista, but evidently not.
I love the gull cheekily sitting on top of the roof... Nice start to your 52.

Thanks Tim I hadn't noticed the Gull! I tired Fuji but couldn't get on with it!

Not sure about an archive shot it was only taken on Friday!:p

That`s a nice colourful shot Mark, good composition too.

Thanks Dave I was waiting for my friends so I walked down to a part of the harbour I've never been down to before, I will be returning there in September!

Nice light and vibrant colours, great start to the 52 :)

Nice Colours Mark and very sharp.

Was the Red one featured on the telly, Grand Designs of thet George Clarke probgam and is it some one home now.
I have not been to tenby for decades, must go back.

Pete

Love the colours and composition Mark (y)

Nice Colours Mark and very sharp.

Was the Red one featured on the telly, Grand Designs of thet George Clarke probgam and is it some one home now.
I have not been to tenby for decades, must go back.

Pete

Thanks Pete

Yes it was on Grand Designs the guy wouldn't say how much the project cost but it must have been a considerable amount.

We go to Tenby at least twice a year it's like a second home, if I won big on the lottery the first thing I would do is buy a house there!

Hi Mark, my favourite thing is the way you have composed so the two structures echo each other's shape. The contrasting colours and the little patches of light on the far building and the underside of its ramp make a striking scene.

Thanks Andrea.
Love the colours and composition Mark (y)

Cheers Chris
Terrific start to your 52 challenge Mark!:clap:
I love the vibrant colours, and the use of the lifeboat slope as a diagonal is inspired.
Great work...can't wait to see more images from you over the coming weeks and months!(y)

Thanks Gareth I hope to complete the 52 this year :angelic:

Great start, cool colours in this one. :clap:

Thanks Bob

Now on to Week 2 and Pleasure

So this is Frankie playing with a shoe lace which she really enjoys (but not as much as she enjoys chasing Honey around!)

WEEK 2 PLEASURE by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

And Honey really enjoys with outside (so Frankie can not chase her!)

WEEK 2 PLEASURE2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

These too little fury felines have brought so much joy and pleasure to me since they became part of our family last year it's unbelievable.

Number 2 takes it for me - lovely clean image, and well suited to B&W.
That said, Number 1 is also a corker - spot on focus on the eye, which cannot be easy!

Thank you yes the picture of Frankie was a challenge as the lighting wasn't brilliant and Frankie is like a little rocket when she wants to be!

Great eye contact in both shots Mark, I too like the B&W and think it`s a cracking image.

Thanks Dave I may use the 2nd image for an upcoming club competition with a set subject of F is for..... and call it Furry Female Feline:D

Both nicely executed. The staring eyes on 2 are a bit much for me. Looks like she out to get you next.

2 nice images there Mark, I love the DoF in #1
And the processing suits #2 (y)

So cute. My mogs is 9kg plus and definitely not so agile. #2 is my.preference but both nice shots.

Two nice Kitty pix :)

Like both. Maybe 2nd shot wins it.

Thanks Bob

Both nicely executed. The staring eyes on 2 are a bit much for me. Looks like she out to get you next.

Thanks Nick she was probably planning on how to stress me out by staying out too long! or thinking where's my third breakfast slave!

2 nice images there Mark, I love the DoF in #1
And the processing suits #2 (y)

Thanks Chris
So cute. My mogs is 9kg plus and definitely not so agile. #2 is my.preference but both nice shots.

Thanks Helen Frankie keeps Honey agile by chasing her around the house!

Two nice Kitty pix :)

Cheers Dave :)
2 very nice cat pictures.

Thank you Clive

both lovely pics the b/w suits the 2nd one

Thank you

Hi Mark

I also prefer the second image, the B&W simplifies it.

Pete

Thank Pete

It's interesting as my friends prefer the colour version of the one honey (although that version was taken on my phone)

#1 for me, because it's an action shot and we all know how hard it is to get moggies to stay in one place for more than a few seconds.
My only critique would be on the lighting as it's an inconsistent temperature (but god knows how you'd have avoided it).

#1 for me, because it's an action shot and we all know how hard it is to get moggies to stay in one place for more than a few seconds.
My only critique would be on the lighting as it's an inconsistent temperature (but god knows how you'd have avoided it).

Thanks Tim tell me about it Fankie (the Black and White one) runs about like shes got a rocket attached to her back!

Beautifully captured (or dare I say cat-tured:LOL:) cat portraits!

#1 is full of energy and such a lively model with great focus on the eye!
#2 is wonderfully processed for b&w, and again perfect (purr-fect :facepalm:) focus right on those striking eyes!

I'll spare you more awful cat puns...excellent work Mark...and I'm not 'kitten' (kidding...ok one more!:LOL:)

Both lovely shots but I prefer number two. I like the mono and the upright pose and eye contact are quite striking. Terrific image.

Back