weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

I thought this might be a clever take on Liquid initially.
Liking the B&W work.

Cheers Tim I never thought of it for Liquid! Although I hope my chosen image for Liquid is equally inspired although I fear not!

And were at Week 21 and I just managed to get the image posted before Week 22 arrives!

I tried to think outside the box a little so I give you Kidderminster Water Works.....

WEEK 21 LIQUID B&W by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 21 LIQUID by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 21 LIQUID-2 B&W by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 21 LIQUID-2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

I also tried photographing my Galileo Thermometer but the only place I could get the right light was the bathroom window sill and I couldn't really get the camera further enough back as the shower screen was in the way.

WEEK 21 LIQUID-7 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

So a post full of Shoehorns form me:runaway:

Well I like the waterworks shot.
You had vaguely the same thought process going on that I did ;)
B&W suits it over the colour imo.
Isn't it strange how often municipal buildings aren't built in-line with the surrounding roads (maybe things like this were there first).

Hi Mark. Nice old building which could do with a bit of TLC, B&W suits it.

You could do with a bit of liquid cleaner on your sensor.

Pete

Great building and love the connection to the theme. I wonder what it would look like cropped in closer to remove the distractions of the lampposts.

Another old building, I like the B&W treatment, it suits the era Mark.

Well I like the waterworks shot.
You had vaguely the same thought process going on that I did ;)
B&W suits it over the colour imo.
Isn't it strange how often municipal buildings aren't built in-line with the surrounding roads (maybe things like this were there first).

Thanks Tim we did yes :)

I prefer the B&W too.

Our local council has a habit of pulling down the lovely old building an build ugly modern ones there place our Library being one of them!

Hi Mark. Nice old building which could do with a bit of TLC, B&W suits it.

You could do with a bit of liquid cleaner on your sensor.

Pete

Thanks Pete it does need a bit of TLC.

I need to investigate cleaning my sensor as I've read you should do the Z7 yourself!

Great building and love the connection to the theme. I wonder what it would look like cropped in closer to remove the distractions of the lampposts.

Thanks Roxanne I didn't have a long enough lens to get in closer at the time and I didn't fancy playing chicken with the traffic heading for B&Q

I like the egg timer nice clean and sharp picture and I don’t think it needs all the reflection it works as it is.
the first cat picture with him at the edge of the screen is perfect, excellent shot.

Hidden : Can't fail with a Kitty shot :)

Peeping No1 is great :)

Nicely done on the egg timer Mark.
First kitty for me too.
(y)

Lovely egg timer shot.

I had to giggle when I realised there was a cat in your hidden photo. I was scouring the foreground looking for an insect and then I realised there was a big cat in it :LOL: Very good and a nice composition.

Hi Mark,

Household Item - No issue with not getting the whole reflection, in fact that might unbalance the image. There is more than enough reflection to ground the egg timer.
Hidden - #3 for me. I guess #1 is more on theme, but the framing and sharp focus of #3 does it for me.

Household item
Nicely done. I wouldn't worry about the reflection, as long as there's something there to ground the subject.

Hidden
That first shot is great, it looks like the cat is stalking its prey. It might even look good in black and white.

I like the egg timer nice clean and sharp picture and I don’t think it needs all the reflection it works as it is.
the first cat picture with him at the edge of the screen is perfect, excellent shot.

Thanks Allan.

Back