weekly Mark's 2020 TP 52 Challenge Week 27 - Week 30 Added

Hi Mark, egg timer is nicely done, I did one a few years back took so many times turning it over till I got what I wanted.
Hidden, first for me really looks like it's hiding.

Thank you Clive

Lovely egg timer shot.

I had to giggle when I realised there was a cat in your hidden photo. I was scouring the foreground looking for an insect and then I realised there was a big cat in it :LOL: Very good and a nice composition.

Thank you

Hi Mark,

Household Item - No issue with not getting the whole reflection, in fact that might unbalance the image. There is more than enough reflection to ground the egg timer.
Hidden - #3 for me. I guess #1 is more on theme, but the framing and sharp focus of #3 does it for me.

Cheers Tim I prefer No 3 for Hidden too.

Household item
Nicely done. I wouldn't worry about the reflection, as long as there's something there to ground the subject.

Hidden
That first shot is great, it looks like the cat is stalking its prey. It might even look good in black and white.

Thanks Dominic I'll try No 1 for Hidden in B&W later on.(y)

So on to Week 24 and Small now I know many of you will be expecting a Mini so it seemed mean to disappoint you all. This is a stack of 23 images processed in Lightroom and stacked using Photoshop.

I was going to use 1 image with a shallow DoF but wasn't sure it worked as well.

WEEK 24 SMALL by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Lovely collection of minis there. I had one just like that blue one at the front. Great idea putting them in size order.

Nice colour contrast and blurry background for the rose - opposite sides of the colour wheel. Your long boat has just reminded me of that children's programme, can't remember the name now. Looks like a very nice spot to be moored up.

Lovely collection of minis there. I had one just like that blue one at the front. Great idea putting them in size order.

Nice colour contrast and blurry background for the rose - opposite sides of the colour wheel. Your long boat has just reminded me of that children's programme, can't remember the name now. Looks like a very nice spot to be moored up.

Thank you I have loads of model Minis/MINIS too many to display and several full size ones too.

The boat is mom and dads and it's at the bottom of their garden it's a lovely spot . The TV programme your're thinking of is probably Rosie and Jim I saw it being filmed many years ago it sort of ruined the magic of it!

Thank you I have loads of model Minis/MINIS too many to display and several full size ones too.

The boat is mom and dads and it's at the bottom of their garden it's a lovely spot . The TV programme your're thinking of is probably Rosie and Jim I saw it being filmed many years ago it sort of ruined the magic of it!
YES! Rosie and Jim - it was driving me bonkers trying to remember it. My children had the cloth dolls. Oh my goodness what a lovely thing to have at the bottom of the garden and it looks just idyllic. What an amazing place to be able to put your guests up in.

Yes I think seeing anything filmed is a reminder that it's all not real whereas we want to be in a fantasy world. I felt the same when I read Glen Fray's book about The Eagles. Seeing behind the scenes ruined it for me.

Two good shots love the colour of the rose and I thought a mini might make an appearance never expected that many

I was going to use 1 image with a shallow DoF but wasn't sure it worked as well.
The stacking works very well Mark.
Lovely rose and an even nicer boat (y)

The colour of this rose is everything... really pops against the dark green background. So simple yet so so effective. Great Shot

Small, a very nice bit of stacking, At first I thought it was showing the difference between a real mini and a BMW mini!
Snappers choice, I really like the rose for the colour and it's natural symmetry.

Last edited:
Really like the Mini's shot, very nice, the rose is really good too :)

Hi Mark,

Small - Mini's eh... We'll who would have guessed that? ;)
Nicely shot, I think I would have spent a little more time on the set up, either lining them up exactly on the rear bumper (with a ruler) or down the centreline (but maybe that's my OCD coming out).

Snappers Choice - I think I would have used the narrow boat (looks like an old working boat rather than a modern build). They are both good shots, but that would have let you archive the flower in for mother nature ;)

Small: Love it, great range of sizes, an iconic car (probably my favourite car ever) and great for the theme.
SC: great rose shot, really nicely composed and 'dealt with'

Two good shots love the colour of the rose and I thought a mini might make an appearance never expected that many

Thanks Allan I'm glad I didn't disappoint! :D

The stacking works very well Mark.
Lovely rose and an even nicer boat (y)

Cheers Chris :)

The stacking has worked well for the minis and the rose is a great colour.

Thank you Phil

The colour of this rose is everything... really pops against the dark green background. So simple yet so so effective. Great Shot

Thank you Roxanne much appreciated.

Small, a very nice bit of stacking, At first I thought it was showing the difference between a real mini and a BMW mini!
Snappers choice, I really like the rose for the colour and it's natural symmetry.

Thanks Clive I did consider using a model or a new MINI and Classic but thought this worked better.

Really like the Mini's shot, very nice, the rose is really good too :)

Thanks Rick

I very much like the Mini shot Mark. The colours work well together too.

You've captured the rose beautifully.

Cheers Peter I'm really pleased with the Rose.

Absolutely beautiful rose - the lovely pastel colours have really come through.

And I very much like your collection of Minis too.

Thank you the collection of Minis is a little large both models and the real thing (most of them are in boxes in the loft!)

Hi Mark,

Small - Mini's eh... We'll who would have guessed that? ;)
Nicely shot, I think I would have spent a little more time on the set up, either lining them up exactly on the rear bumper (with a ruler) or down the centreline (but maybe that's my OCD coming out).

Snappers Choice - I think I would have used the narrow boat (looks like an old working boat rather than a modern build). They are both good shots, but that would have let you archive the flower in for mother nature ;)

Cheers Tim

Now you've said about lining the minis up more I cannot stop seeing it and thinking Tims right :eek:

The boat is based on the old tug blue prints from Harland and Wolfe? it was built in the early 2000's mom and dad brought it as a shell with an engine (Gardner 3LW so a proper engine). It carriers the livery of T&S Elements a local carrier back in the day and reproduced with the permission of the family. (It was going to be in Stewarts and Lloyd livery as my great grandad worked for them but there are still some original boats of theirs about) and its called Lapal as my great Nan and Grandad (the one who worked at Stewarts and Lloyd) lived at the oppersite endow Lapal tunnel the S&L and as the story goes used to swap candles for coal with the boatman,

I did consider using the Rose for mother nature and now wish I had!

Small: Love it, great range of sizes, an iconic car (probably my favourite car ever) and great for the theme.
SC: great rose shot, really nicely composed and 'dealt with'

Thanks Jim

Well on to week 26 and Mother Nature

This is a 13 image Pano taken hand held form the top of the Clent Hills just a few miles for Birmingham and you have Mother Nature on your doorstep........ (ok ok it's a shoehorn!)

I used photoshop to process this

CLENT PANO by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

CLENT PANO MONO by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

The boat is based on the old tug blue prints from Harland and Wolfe? it was built in the early 2000's mom and dad brought it as a shell with an engine (Gardner 3LW so a proper engine). It carriers the livery of T&S Elements a local carrier back in the day and reproduced with the permission of the family. (It was going to be in Stewarts and Lloyd livery as my great grandad worked for them but there are still some original boats of theirs about) and its called Lapal as my great Nan and Grandad (the one who worked at Stewarts and Lloyd) lived at the oppersite endow Lapal tunnel the S&L and as the story goes used to swap candles for coal with the boatman,
Well, it does a really good job of being convincing as an old working boat.

ok ok it's a shoehorn!)
Only just .... More practice needed it that area Mark :D

Nice Pano, tough call between the 2 TBH. They both have their merits (y)

Only just .... More practice needed it that area Mark :D

Nice Pano, tough call between the 2 TBH. They both have their merits (y)

Cheers Chris I still have a lot to learn with regards to shoehorns but I a picking up good tips from the master :ROFLMAO:

I couldn't choose between them either the only reason I put the colour version in the main thread is I've done lots of Mono's so far this year!

Small: Magnificent. Best shot of that weeks subject for me.

SC: Colour and subject are lovely.

MN: Not familiar with the techniques etc, but good final outcome. The colour one shades it with the sky.

Small: Magnificent. Best shot of that weeks subject for me.

SC: Colour and subject are lovely.

MN: Not familiar with the techniques etc, but good final outcome. The colour one shades it with the sky.

Thank you David.

Back