weekly Marks' TP52 2018 Will He Actually Complete It??? Weeks 18 - 20 Added

Age - I quite like the processing in #1. it has a bit of a stencil feel to it perhaps?
But #4 is the killer image for me. Less is more and you can't see that the wheels aren't minilites or steels.
Sharp - Blimey Mark, 5 offerings! #4 for me, it's Tack Sharp (groan). I like the way it pops from the background, which has some really great colours in it.

Thanks for taking the tim to comment on all 3 weeks TIm

I used Silver Fx to do the first image for Age and cannot remember which one! I agree No 4 is a better image I actually have that as my profile picture on facebook

Aged - I think an image of just the original mini would have been better, used to have a few myself but my right foot and their engine size don't seem to work well together ... :laugh
Sharp - The pencil theme is spot on for me.

Thank you I did consider just the classic but thought the 2 showed how far the Minis have come even in the last 18 years.

If I had of had the time I wanted to go to Purton to retake this image for Sharp this was taken a few years ago on a Minolta film camera using Vista film form Pound land the sky was flat an boring hence I want to go there again with better light!

R2-06629-014A by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Age - I like your original image and the 4th one which works well in b/w too
Sharp - I like the idea of the pencils from blunt to sharp, but I like the drawing pin shot more

I like the first pencil pic as I like the progression in it. The pin is nicely done as well, I just prefer the first.

Age - I like your original image and the 4th one which works well in b/w too
Sharp - I like the idea of the pencils from blunt to sharp, but I like the drawing pin shot more

Thanks Minx I appreciate the comments

I like the first pencil pic as I like the progression in it. The pin is nicely done as well, I just prefer the first.

Thanks Mark

Age(ing) - nice collection of images but for me it is the first image, I much prefer the composition and the pp in that image.

Sharp - the drawing pin image for me as well for the colourful blurred BG and the focus being on the pin.

Cheers Mandy

Now if I was being fussy I would say the sign is on the p***, or was that you :D

:D:p Thanks Dean I'm sure it was the post........

Purton Image is nice and sharp considering that you used old poumdland film.

Pete

Thanks Pete I was impressed with the camera and film I gave the camera to a young lad who helps me with an event I photograph at every year.

I prefer the B&Ws but agree about the focal point. Like the movement in the first two but just a fraction more DOF would have nailed it for me.

second (y) , sharper than the first .... shows nice colour including the vintage green guard.

I prefer the 1st 2 shots Mark

The 1st one because the background is out of focus and the second because the saw is sharp but the background is distracting

Pete

"Excellent" set of Guarded images Sir, any of these are really right on theme, with the first shot (mono) being my fav'.(y)

George.

I like the last one best Mark - can see the guard better and the teeth of the blade show the danger

Really like the first one but would have prefered more DoF. With maybe the whole guard in focus.

Apart from my personal preference on DoF, its a cool shot.

Thanks Ross I was using shutter priority to get the movement in the blade so I had to sacrifice a little DoF

Guard(ed) - a good set of images, but for focus point and composition I have to choose the 4th image in the series.

Thanks Mandy I appreciate your comments

I prefer the B&Ws but agree about the focal point. Like the movement in the first two but just a fraction more DOF would have nailed it for me.

Thanks John

#1 B&W for me as just like it more, don`t think a shot has to always be in focus and I do like that one so well done.

Thanks Dave

second (y) , sharper than the first .... shows nice colour including the vintage green guard.

Thanks David I must admit Ido like the colour of these machines far nicer then the modern stuff they're all grey!

I prefer the 1st 2 shots Mark

The 1st one because the background is out of focus and the second because the saw is sharp but the background is distracting

Pete

Thanks Pete

1st b&w for me Mark....

Nice angle.

Thanks Mark

"Excellent" set of Guarded images Sir, any of these are really right on theme, with the first shot (mono) being my fav'.(y)

George.

Thanks George

I like the last one best Mark - can see the guard better and the teeth of the blade show the danger

Thanks Ian I appreciate your comments

A plethora of images there Mark, IMO you led with the strongest.
Isn't it fun how opinions differ so much.

Thanks Tim it is amazing how varied peoples opinions are. But I guess thats part of the fun of it all.

Well on to week 8 and I've made it to the same point as last year before it all fell apart!

So I think this may be classed as a shoehorn :D but there goes

So over the weekend I had a go at shoot some Moto X this was my first attempt even though the fields used to host the event are just up the road form mom and dads everything theres been event on I had something else on!

So on the the image In the 'Thick' of it........:exit::coat:

WEEK 8 IN THE THICK OF IT (1 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 8 IN THE THICK OF IT (2 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 8 IN THE THICK OF IT (3 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 8 IN THE THICK OF IT (4 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 8 IN THE THICK OF IT (5 of 6) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Nice set Mark, I like 4 most then 5. I used to race so I love seeing shots of Moto X

Me too, I like number 4 the most.

Guard, like all the images you did for guard, smack on theme.
Thick, another one for 4 it is the stand out image really "pops"!

A very nice group of shots, I'm with the others that number 4 is my favourite simply because of the closer crop giving you the feel of being in the midst of the action :)

Hi Mark,
#4 for me. Seems pretty sharp, get you can tell they are moving from the motion blur of the tread on the tyres.
I think I prefer it to #1 because the exposure is lighter and the in focus rider is the one at the front. rather than the middle one in #1

+1 for number four Mark. Like the composition of five but I guess it's the more difficult shot with them moving through the frame. Nice set though.

Hi Mark,

Over - Love the overflowing teacup after the crop. Great idea and I really like the colours
Age - Oh got to love an old Mini. That was my first car. My pick is the first one as I really like the processing but I also liked the reedited B&W one with the two headlamps
Sharp - Got to be the drawing pin, good dof and colours
Guard - Think I will go for 2, this one seems to show up the movement best. Very well timed
Thick - Not too much of a shoehorn, theres certainly some thick mud too. My favourite is 4. Good focus on the front rider and dof is spot on.

:D

Great action shots for thick. I though 'thick mud' but 'in the thick of it' works too :) The last two are my favourites, and the first of those is sharper and thus better (y)

No4 for me too, and certainly in the thick of the mud, that's for sure

Back