weekly Marks' TP52 2018 Will He Actually Complete It??? Weeks 18 - 20 Added

Hi Mark, that's a very photogenic subject for Sharp and a nice variety of images. I can't choose between #2 and #3 as I like the warm colours and the motion in #2 but I also like the added contrast and detail brought out by the mono processing in #3. They both work very well in different ways (y)

That's an original take on the Thick theme and #4 is the stand-out image for me; I think the riders heading towards you adds drama and makes you feel part of the action, and the light and textures on the thick mud really underlines the theme :clap:

A very nice group of shots, I'm with the others that number 4 is my favourite simply because of the closer crop giving you the feel of being in the midst of the action :)

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Hi Mark,
#4 for me. Seems pretty sharp, get you can tell they are moving from the motion blur of the tread on the tyres.
I think I prefer it to #1 because the exposure is lighter and the in focus rider is the one at the front. rather than the middle one in #1

Thanks Tim I chose no 1 as my lead as it had 3 riders and camera club judges always prefer odd numbers I guess the rules are there to be broken ( I must admit I do prefer No 4 myself)

+1 for number four Mark. Like the composition of five but I guess it's the more difficult shot with them moving through the frame. Nice set though.

Thanks John I really want to go back and practice some more.

Hi Mark,

Over - Love the overflowing teacup after the crop. Great idea and I really like the colours
Age - Oh got to love an old Mini. That was my first car. My pick is the first one as I really like the processing but I also liked the reedited B&W one with the two headlamps
Sharp - Got to be the drawing pin, good dof and colours
Guard - Think I will go for 2, this one seems to show up the movement best. Very well timed
Thick - Not too much of a shoehorn, theres certainly some thick mud too. My favourite is 4. Good focus on the front rider and dof is spot on.

:D

Thank you for taking the time to catch up on my images I really appreciate it.

Have to agree number 4 is the pick of the bunch

Thanks Allan

Great action shots for thick. I though 'thick mud' but 'in the thick of it' works too :) The last two are my favourites, and the first of those is sharper and thus better (y)

Cheers Bernd

Hi Mark, that's a very photogenic subject for Sharp and a nice variety of images. I can't choose between #2 and #3 as I like the warm colours and the motion in #2 but I also like the added contrast and detail brought out by the mono processing in #3. They both work very well in different ways (y)

That's an original take on the Thick theme and #4 is the stand-out image for me; I think the riders heading towards you adds drama and makes you feel part of the action, and the light and textures on the thick mud really underlines the theme :clap:

Thank you Andrea I appreciate your comments

Hey Mark,

Abundance - A pile of different material? Rugs? hmmm, dunno what it is, but it's certainly colourful. I like the vibrance of it :)
Of the film shots, #1. Although it feels a bit noisy, the lack of the blur that #2 has makes it the better image.

Heavy - That looks far too safety oriented. I can still remember the fun we used to have flaunting all the rules and riding around on the forks of those things when I did a bit of warehouse work during school holidays.
I can't help wondering what the colour version looks like, as in mono it all seems to blend together (maybe an effect of it following the vibrant abundance image). But I think, looking at the final image, leaving it in colour may have been the better option.

Definitely the colour one Mark; Tim's right about the B&W, all those planks and the shadows in between just seem to distract from the fork lift. It stands out as :)the subject in the colour version.

The first abundance of films and either of the fork lifts are good it’s true the first B+W is a little lost but it’s the better angle so perhaps in colour would have been better

Hey Mark,

Abundance - A pile of different material? Rugs? hmmm, dunno what it is, but it's certainly colourful. I like the vibrance of it :)
Of the film shots, #1. Although it feels a bit noisy, the lack of the blur that #2 has makes it the better image.

Heavy - That looks far too safety oriented. I can still remember the fun we used to have flaunting all the rules and riding around on the forks of those things when I did a bit of warehouse work during school holidays.
I can't help wondering what the colour version looks like, as in mono it all seems to blend together (maybe an effect of it following the vibrant abundance image). But I think, looking at the final image, leaving it in colour may have been the better option.

Thanks Tim it's a pile of felt pieces I put on a piece of mirrored perspex

Haha I have heard lots of stories like that no chance now. I spent yesterday afternoon in a Health and Safety systems review :sleep::whistle:. just uploading a colour version of the first image now.

Definitely the colour one Mark; Tim's right about the B&W, all those planks and the shadows in between just seem to distract from the fork lift. It stands out as :)the subject in the colour version.

Thanks John

The first abundance of films and either of the fork lifts are good it’s true the first B+W is a little lost but it’s the better angle so perhaps in colour would have been better

Cheers Allan

1st abundance shot for me Mark, good reflections in the shot so well done. Colour heavy for me too as just like that one more (y)

Thanks Dave appreciate the comments

Abundance of colour is a nice take and the first mono forklift for me, the forklift stands out nicely.

Layers of I assume coloured felt! That one for me anyway, nice and bright :)

I prefer the original B&W of the forklift, for me it's a classier looking image :D

Guard - I like the second image the most
Thick - great selection of images I too like 4 most
Abundance - I like the vibrant colours of the second shot.

I agree totally.

Ive also driven a combi and they can really mess with your head as to which way the wheels are facing sometimes !

and despite the colour version being added, I still prefer the mono for some reason.

I liked the composition of the B&W heavy Image, but the forklift appeared to me not to stand out. But as you have now added a colour version of the same image I do prefer the B&W one. Strange old world.

Pete

Abundance of colour for me, nice & simple. I find looking at all those film reels with reflection a bit of a challenge.

I'm going to go for the last forklift image with colour.

Abundance - I really want to go for the image of the film, but I feel the BG is a bit distracting and there could do with a few more rolls of film for it to say abundance to me. So my vote goes on the abundance of colour as it is a nice bright image.
Heavy - I am going to say that I much prefer the coloured version of your 1st image of the reach truck, and it appeals to me as I have just got my reach truck licence on Thursday :D:D. I feel that the truck stands out better from the racking and sheet timber, looking at the image it reminds me of a company in chippenham that i did some forklift work for last year.

I like all of your Abundance images, Mark, but #3 is the stand out for me with those layers of vibrant colours; it really leaps off the page. Good idea for Heavy too, and I do like the colour edit of your first image. I think that is the strongest composition and the green colour contrasts well with the brown wood to give it real impact (y)

Catching up on comments
Abundance - I like film but for this shot the (I assume) felt colours works well.
Heavy - I like the black and white better, though if you had chosen to convert the red channel the green forklift body would stand out better

redfiltered.jpg

Abundance of colour is a nice take and the first mono forklift for me, the forklift stands out nicely.

Thanks Chris appreciate your comments

Layers of I assume coloured felt! That one for me anyway, nice and bright :)

I prefer the original B&W of the forklift, for me it's a classier looking image :D

Thank you Georgina yes they are layers of coloured felt.

Guard - I like the second image the most
Thick - great selection of images I too like 4 most
Abundance - I like the vibrant colours of the second shot.

Thank you Minx

I agree totally.

Ive also driven a combi and they can really mess with your head as to which way the wheels are facing sometimes !

and despite the colour version being added, I still prefer the mono for some reason.

Thanks Mark never driven the Combi but I know it makes getting 5m + lengths of timber into the factory a lot easier then it used to be

I liked the composition of the B&W heavy Image, but the forklift appeared to me not to stand out. But as you have now added a colour version of the same image I do prefer the B&W one. Strange old world.

Pete

Cheers Pete

Abundance of colour for me, nice & simple. I find looking at all those film reels with reflection a bit of a challenge.

I'm going to go for the last forklift image with colour.

Thank you David appreciate you taking the time to look and comment

Abundance - I really want to go for the image of the film, but I feel the BG is a bit distracting and there could do with a few more rolls of film for it to say abundance to me. So my vote goes on the abundance of colour as it is a nice bright image.
Heavy - I am going to say that I much prefer the coloured version of your 1st image of the reach truck, and it appeals to me as I have just got my reach truck licence on Thursday :D:D. I feel that the truck stands out better from the racking and sheet timber, looking at the image it reminds me of a company in chippenham that i did some forklift work for last year.

Thanks for your comments Mandy congratulations on getting your reach licence. I hope the image brought back happy memories for you.

I like all of your Abundance images, Mark, but #3 is the stand out for me with those layers of vibrant colours; it really leaps off the page. Good idea for Heavy too, and I do like the colour edit of your first image. I think that is the strongest composition and the green colour contrasts well with the brown wood to give it real impact (y)

Thank you Andrea

Catching up on comments
Abundance - I like film but for this shot the (I assume) felt colours works well.
Heavy - I like the black and white better, though if you had chosen to convert the red channel the green forklift body would stand out better

View attachment 123258

Cheers David I agree it looks better with the red channel converted thank you :)

Been struggling to get out recently and keep up I've now managed to get my images for Wet and Juxtaposition sorted

Week 11 Wet

For a change I change my brother was driving home when it was pouring with rain so gave me a chance to get my image for wet sorted

WEEK 11 WET 2 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 11 WET 1 by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

the first wet is a good shot I prefer the bus in the distance the spray looks good and the wider view is much better

Juxtaposition I agree with you but its nice to get it out the way isn't it

Hi Mark

First wet shot is far better, using the window frame works well.
Juxaposition, fits the theme, condensation on the glass spoils the view of the Ice and has that wood burner been painted? Also the reflections from the tile distract.

Pete

I too like the first Wet, the spray sort of blends in with the clouds. :)

Jux .............. Honestly, the things we get up to in the name of art! :confused::D

Definitely the first Wet image for me, Mark. The monochrome brings the out the details of the rain drops much better and adds to the sense of dismal grey weather (y)

Well done on thinking for something for Juxtaposition; it's a tricky theme and you've provided two clearly contrasting subjects in the frame.

Hi Mark,

Wet - The B&W one for me, it kind of has an ageless feel to it (apart from the dash) which the colour one doesn't. I think the openness of the image helps too.

Juxtaposition - On theme and you've done a good job of not blowing out the fire whilst keeping blacks in the image nicely too.
What is the purple dotted line? An editing artifact?

Wet - first image for me, simple and fits the theme.
Juxtaposition - I get the hot and cold connection, I am wondering what the purple dotted line is? and i think the image could use a little straighten the wood burner looks wonky to me.

Nice catch up Mark, wet mono for me just looks better imo.
Juxa is on theme hot & cold so well done.

Thanks Dave I prefer the Mono image for wet I might try converting the second image to see if it looks any better.

the first wet is a good shot I prefer the bus in the distance the spray looks good and the wider view is much better

Juxtaposition I agree with you but its nice to get it out the way isn't it

Cheer Allan it certainly is it was a horrible theme!

Hi Mark

First wet shot is far better, using the window frame works well.
Juxaposition, fits the theme, condensation on the glass spoils the view of the Ice and has that wood burner been painted? Also the reflections from the tile distract.

Pete

Thanks Pete

The wood burner cam in that colour (mom and dad have a green one) the tiles behind are mirrored and I tired closing the curtains but it made it too dark even with the lights on

Back