weekly Marks' TP52 2018 Will He Actually Complete It??? Weeks 18 - 20 Added

"Cracking" Over image Sir, really good idea, very creative, and well presented.(y)

George.

So on to week 5 and Age well I think 5 weeks in it doesn't seem right that I haven't yet used a picture of a Mini so it's time to put that right (aren't you a lucky lot?:rolleyes:)

There's my 1 year old and nearly 19 year old! I've owned them both from new...

WEEK 5 AGE(ING) (10 of 20) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 5 AGE(ING) (2 of 20) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 5 AGE(ING) (9 of 20) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

WEEK 5 AGE(ING) (20 of 20) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

This is one I don't think quite work as the classic is too small in the picture

WEEK 5 AGE(ING) (1 of 20) by Mark Gameson, on Flickr

Cheers Dave I've only ever done the L2B in a MINI as I couldn't leave the classic on the tube station carpark without stressing out that it would get pinched while we were in London!

Great idea for the theme and some cool shots. Nice work

Great concept done very well

Amazing that you have had both cars since new. That is Mini adoration

Personally I'm not keen on the processing in the first so I'd go for the second as a pick but good story and nice comparison of the same marque at different ages.

Not keen on the first processing wise, thirds blurred but I do like the 4th one of the headlights :clap:

I like the processing on the 1st Image Mark, makes an interesting difference and shows how much you care about your cars, rather rare these days.

Pete

Old Mini, new Mini, love it :clap:

really liking the processing in the main image, also like the old/new single headlights.

Great idea for the theme and some cool shots. Nice work

Thanks Tilly

Great concept done very well

Amazing that you have had both cars since new. That is Mini adoration

Cheers Ian I've got another 1 in the garage a 1969 MKII Mini that I've owned for 22 year now but its buried at the back of the garage!

Personally I'm not keen on the processing in the first so I'd go for the second as a pick but good story and nice comparison of the same marque at different ages.

Thanks Chris I wasn't (still not) sure about the processing either but thought I'd see what people thought

Not keen on the first processing wise, thirds blurred but I do like the 4th one of the headlights :clap:

Thanks Allan I posted the wrong image for the third one and didn't realise until I'd posted it!

I like the processing on the 1st Image Mark, makes an interesting difference and shows how much you care about your cars, rather rare these days.

Pete

Thanks Pete one thing I've always done is looked after my cars something mom and dad drummed into me.

#4 for me, maybe in black and white.

Thanks Dominic see my next post ;)

Old Mini, new Mini, love it :clap:

really liking the processing in the main image, also like the old/new single headlights.

Cheers David I had to get my brother to watch me forward to get the headlight image I know I could of got closer really but that was scary enough as I didn't want damage either of them!

The background is quite busy, but in the sepia version that does work! I also like the B&W edit of #4.

The background is quite busy, but in the sepia version that does work! I also like the B&W edit of #4.

Thanks Bernd I want to take them both somewhere with a decent background once spring is here.

I think the drawing pin image is a perfect shot. Bang on theme and great DOF

Difficult to decide between the first three... I would say the first one of them, but I also like the pin, nice and sharp and very good DoF.

All your Sharp images are right on theme Sir, with definately the drawing pin shot being the strongest contender for me.(y)

George.

Last edited:
A great selection of images and subjects for Sharp, Mark. The pencils are a good take on the theme and well laid out, but my favourite of the set is the drawing pin; it not only draws your eye straight to the sharp point but the colourful out of focus pins provide an attractive backdrop.

I prefer the Pin, your dof is very thin and on point. Just as it's something I want to try out I think you could have tried focus stacking just on thet first pin

The pencils look a bit one directional/flat, there is not elevation the those images.
The pin needles are good, but you left a stray branch partly on the left of the picture, if you crop it out you would have a nice clean image, which maybe better.

Pete

I think the drawing pin image is a perfect shot. Bang on theme and great DOF

Thanks Ian I was going to use it as my main choice but thought it may have already been done although it appears not!!

The pin for me not really keen on the pencils

Thanks Allan

Got to be the drawing pin for me Mark, great DOF and good colours in the BG while showing the sharp pin :)

Cheers Dave when I first laid the pins out there were lots with white heads so I changed them as I wanted them the stand out form the base and background

All your Sharp images are fight on theme Sir, with definately the drawing pin shot being the strongest contender for me.(y)

Thanks George appreciate your comments

George.

A great selection of images and subjects for Sharp, Mark. The pencils are a good take on the theme and well laid out, but my favourite of the set is the drawing pin; it not only draws your eye straight to the sharp point but the colourful out of focus pins provide an attractive backdrop.

Thanks Andrea the pencils idea just sort of came to me I thought it was a little different but agree the pin image is a better image.

I prefer the Pin, your dof is very thin and on point. Just as it's something I want to try out I think you could have tried focus stacking just on thet first pin

The pencils look a bit one directional/flat, there is not elevation the those images.
The pin needles are good, but you left a stray branch partly on the left of the picture, if you crop it out you would have a nice clean image, which maybe better.

Pete

Thanks for your comments Pete I thnk your right with the pencils I may have been better getting the camera down more at the level of the pencils maybe one for a re-shoot at some point

The pencils are a good idea but I'm going with the trend and picking the drawing pin

Thanks Chris

The pencils ... difficult to choose ... #2 has the softest lighting and the cleanest shavings as the light comes from a different direction. More work needed. ;)

Sharp
I drawn to the drawing pin, it's well composed with the oof others behind. Of the pencil shots, it's the second one for me.

Age - I quite like the processing in #1. it has a bit of a stencil feel to it perhaps?
But #4 is the killer image for me. Less is more and you can't see that the wheels aren't minilites or steels.
Sharp - Blimey Mark, 5 offerings! #4 for me, it's Tack Sharp (groan). I like the way it pops from the background, which has some really great colours in it.

Aged - I think an image of just the original mini would have been better, used to have a few myself but my right foot and their engine size don't seem to work well together ... :laugh
Sharp - The pencil theme is spot on for me.

The pencils ... difficult to choose ... #2 has the softest lighting and the cleanest shavings as the light comes from a different direction. More work needed. ;)

Thanks David studio lighting is something I'm only just getting into so lots to learn.

Sharp
I drawn to the drawing pin, it's well composed with the oof others behind. Of the pencil shots, it's the second one for me.

Thanks Dominic

Back