Marmite, but does it work [Brands BTCC]

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I took this shot of Gordon Shedden in race three at Brands hatch on the way to winning the BTCC 2016 championship.

I was focusing on Morgan to get Shedden all blurry going into the sun (which he is :) ) but I can't make up my mind as to whether it "works" or it's a bin job :banghead:

Ps. The colour is natural, I just had to play with the levels to offset shooting into the sun :wideyed:

marm.jpg

sorry to say I don't like it ,don't quite look right :oops: :$ ,but understand what you was trying to do .Maybe more blurry on the background & the car in front ,then you may be drawn more to the car in focus..

think if the front car was in focus it would have worked better, my eye is drawn the the front car by the sun rays so just see an out of focus image. Can see what you where trying to do though.

Also wonder if a tighter crop to remove some of the blown sky

think if the front car was in focus it would have worked better, my eye is drawn the the front car by the sun rays so just see an out of focus image. Can see what you where trying to do though.

This really. Re cropping, a quick try with a sheet on A4 over the screen suggests cropping the foreground would give a more effective composition.

Thanks all, pretty much confirms what I thought. I'd hoped that focussing on the following car might put more emphasis on the leading car but it obviously doesn't work :D

Back to the arty-farty drawing board ... ;)

Back