18th Mar. ' A Small World ' Time for a break.

I have a few HO Noch figures. IMO Preiser are the best HO figures and they do a tremendous range but stock/choice is very limited everywhere, pandemic again I suspect.

I've only got one set (which I bought as a joke for Dad) - in "N" gauge so about 1/2" tall. "Lovers in action (desk)". HO is rather more stable than "N" gauge and more detailed!

I 'escaped' again into 'A Small World' and got up close and personal with one of my '5 a day'

P1001848_Walking%20on%20the%20greens_2-XL.jpg

For me, this is your least successful one — the figures are a bit lost in the background. I’m red/green colour blind so that may be a factor :(, But, hey, you’re supposed to allow for us ‘disabled’ :) .

Apology in advance, Roy for highjacking your thread but not sure you have seen this on the BBC Scotland news website a few weeks ago.

Apology in advance, Roy for highjacking your thread but not sure you have seen this on the BBC Scotland news website a few weeks ago.

Yes, I saw that article by the " Glasgow artist" (my wife sent me the link) and that article provoked my interest in this somewhat 'strange' form of photography.
I have always enjoyed creative, humorous photography but that mainly manifested itself in me using photoshop.
It can take me 1/2 day or more to plan, set up and finally photograph one of my 'scenes' and I really enjoy it even more so during these 'pandemic times' when we are so
restricted in other pursuits. As for " Interesting ... but my vote goes for Roy’s :). " etc You are very kind but like all photography it is subjective and I prefer ' different ' to best or better.
I intend to continue until my 'imagination tank' runs dry or I find some other immature pastime that demands my time. So hopefully you will keep looking ?
Huge thanks again for your interest,

Roy

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that article by the " Glasgow artist" (my wife sent me the link) and that article provoked my interest in this somewhat 'strange' form of photography.
I have always enjoyed creative, humorous photography but that mainly manifested itself in using Photoshop:- eg

i-VXJVKNm-M.jpg

It can take me 1/2 day or more to plan, set up and finally photograph one of my 'scenes' and I really enjoy it even more so during these 'pandemic times' when we are so
restricted in other pursuits. As for " Interesting ... but my vote goes for Roy’s :). " etc You are very kind but like all photography it is subjective and I prefer ' different ' to best or better.
I intend to continue until my 'imagination tank' runs dry or I find some other immature pastime that demands my time. So hopefully you will keep looking ?
Huge thanks again for your interest,

Roy
:cool: Well, how would it be if I said ”Roy’s are better, for me”. “Different” can be a bit two-edged :(, especially when I say it :).

Too big a crowd!

He won’t like those dogs being so near to him :)

Too big a crowd!
What do you mean, it’s the biggest, no one has a bigger crowd it’s ... it‘s ... :).

OMG where are the safety boots and Hi-Viz - don't even f get me started on scaffolding :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I love it Roy - well thought out

Les :)

Thanks to everyone for looking and mostly liking :) I do it cos it's great fun and keeps me 'off the streets' but it's better with second opinions.

Here is another attempt and the 'outlier' this time is an old bike inner tube.

P1001939_Riding%20the%20tube_2-XL.jpg

Thanks Lez,

I had to superglue the bikes to the tube, such a small contact area lesser glues will not work. I then remove said bikes from tube with a very sharp craft knife.
'Homeless guy' on the bench doesn't look too impressed does he ? :)

Thanks Lez,

I had to superglue the bikes to the tube, such a small contact area lesser glues will not work. I then remove said bikes from tube with a very sharp craft knife.
'Homeless guy' on the bench doesn't look too impressed does he ? :)

The figurines are very good and an impressive variety!

The figurines are very good and an impressive variety!

Well, starting from scratch Richard I had to reach 'deep' into my pockets to build a small collection to get started, the light tent was the largest outlay. I have been 'drip feeding' this obsession ever since. I envisage the day when we need a bigger house ! :jawdrop: However a little (money) goes a long way on this when compared to buying a new lens every few months.

Back