18th Mar. ' A Small World ' Time for a break.

Well, someone with better Photoshop skills than me probably could ?
However, these figures are tiny and in my experience get 'lost' in a
patterned or coloured background.

It is an easy enough task Roy (if you know how to do it of course) I do agree the figures will be lost in a woodland BG - maybe some painted card or similar may enhance this type of set up

Les :)

Here's one I did to publicise a Local Fun Run a year or so back - just to give you idea's maybe??

04BiwJc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes that’s what I thought too. I see @Boots point though, the transition from background to foreground is much more abrupt than in your earlier ones, maybe distracting?

Yes that’s what I thought too. I see @Boots point though, the transition from background to foreground is much more abrupt than in your earlier ones, maybe distracting?

Hmm ? I print the backgrounds, maybe I'm trying too hard ? But to PS foregrounds in and around the scene is imo fiendishly difficult and to repeat myself I would (in many instances) lose the immediacy of the 'little people'.

Anyone, please feel free to use your PS skills on my 'Down in the Forest' scene and show me the result here. :D

Hmm ? I print the backgrounds, maybe I'm trying too hard ? But to PS foregrounds in and around the scene is imo fiendishly difficult and to repeat myself I would (in many instances) lose the immediacy of the 'little people'.

Anyone, please feel free to use your PS skills on my 'Down in the Forest' scene and show me the result here. :D

I have zero photoshop skills! It’s not something that interests me except maybe for practical purposes like in newsletters, which I don’t do now! Doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate them when done by others. But I think things like your dioramas which could easily (probably) be done by photoshopping are more interesting.

3 minutes - I agree the figures do get lost in the BG- If I had a full sized image I would have done so much better :)

mXHKTiM.jpg

PS- No mini figures were hurt during the transition :)

3 minutes - I agree the figures do get lost in the BG- If I had a full sized image I would have done so much better :)

PS- No mini figures were hurt during the transition :)

That's very clever, as you say, and when I have tried the figures do tend to get 'overwhelmed' in the background.
Thanks for having a go.

Never realised Tommy Roe was a folk singer....thanks for the memories!:)

The blonde could do with a trim!!! (Sorry, we're not supposed to comment on the models. :p)

"Excellent" idea and presentation Roy.

Once again a great idea & presentation Roy, all of these series of shots are very good indeed.

Once again a great idea & presentation Roy, all of these series of shots are very good indeed.

Many thanks again, Chris, Paul, George and the other 'hard core' viewers who keep coming back for more.
I keep churning these out because I am having fun but it is more enjoyable knowing others are looking.
Not sure how long I can keep the imagination 'firing' :p

Back