Critique Marske by the sea & Redcar

#3 and #1 for me Jason, in that order. #3 is especially nice. Has a lovely, subtle feel to it.

I agree, but would add number 5 because of the treatment of the sky.

The colours make a lovely, crisp, contrast image in No1.
The lack of colour in No2 demand a skilled pp, which you have aced.
The rest make up a nice set, but the first 2 are head and shoulders away (for me).

Hi Jason,

I'm fairly local and my first time commenting on TP. I've had #4 in my mind for a while now and love the edit.

The movement in #5 is nice as well :)

Cheers bud. When we have some more freedom we might cross paths. There’s a good couple of lads I go around with to the lakes and local places.

I love this type of shot, photographs that tell a story and capture a moment in time, for that reason I can't decide between #1 and #2. Great set, thanks for sharing !

#5 is the soon to be demolished former corus steel works at South Bank (from Redcar beach)
#6 is the so-called vertical pier on Redcar sea front

Vertical Pier, Redcar Beacon? Either way, its a travesty that they have demolished the old cinema building which was beautiful in its own dilapidated way, and spent millions on that helter-skelter thing, yet the high street is shut down, charity shops and betting shops. Sign of the times i suppose.

Vertical Pier, Redcar Beacon? Either way, its a travesty that they have demolished the old cinema building which was beautiful in its own dilapidated way, and spent millions on that helter-skelter thing, yet the high street is shut down, charity shops and betting shops. Sign of the times i suppose.
Aren't they building something new and quite stylish where the art deco cinema was, that might be quite nice in fact they will probably have it lit well at night.
We used to go to Redcar at least once a month for shopping but it got to the point there was nothing in the High Street worth going for, I think the final straw was being given a parking fine for where we had parked for about 20 years.
I used to go down there at night sometimes as several places often had live music, then there was the Redcar Bowl also gone.
They used to punch above their weight attracting big names because of the good location for setting up.

Last edited:
I think the final straw was being given a parking fine for where we had parked for about 20 years.

Im not surprised you got a parking fine if you left your car there for 20 years!!! lol

Back