Critique Martello tower Eastbourne

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
before I post the photo a little insite first. As most know I recently have had an eye operation on one eye and hopefully the other has improved enough just for drops. Having said that This is the first time I have had a chance to use my new Nikon AFS 70-200 f2.8 G11 ED vr lens on my Nikon D800 camera.
Also Today midday the Adobe Elements14 editing suit landed on my front door mat.So this Martello tower at Sovereign harbour entrance is the very first time I have had a chance to try out both since then.
So please give an honest answer and suggestions where I have gone wrong

Thank you

Last edited:
I think you have shot this at the wrong time of day, the bright light is just too harsh for the subject IMHO. Sunsset or sunrise where the light is warmer would be much kinder to the concrete structure. Rather centrally composed also, shoot from further away and a lower viewpoint, and I would clone out the sign bottom right also.

A dull shot not worth taking. There must be an angle somewhere, at a different time of day and perhaps with a wider angle lens, where a decent shot could come from. I'd revisit if it's not too far.

Back