Marwell Mixed Set

Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes

Pretty cool set, some good renditions here (y)
though poor little tiger in 5 was overlooked!

The cub pics are delightful, Fi, but for me, it's gotta be the Fossa.
A weird and fascinating critter.

Awww beautiful Fi :love: and you got all 3 cubs in shot (y)

The adorable little leopard cub looks a tad grainy to me, but still a lovely capture
The enclosure is really dark and I would imagine in the wet is a total nightmare

Lovely set Fi.
It has to be #1 for me,
Closely followed by the Fossa and Snow Leopard

Thanks all - appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

The cub pics are delightful, Fi, but for me, it's gotta be the Fossa.
A weird and fascinating critter.

I have to agree - for some reason I always seem to get lucky with the Fossa at Marwell... he tends to pose in a helpful fashion! Glass was covered in spots though, had to do a lot of cleaning up in PP.

Awww beautiful Fi :love: and you got all 3 cubs in shot (y)

The adorable little leopard cub looks a tad grainy to me, but still a lovely capture
The enclosure is really dark and I would imagine in the wet is a total nightmare

I tried so hard to get all three and just managed it! Leopard cub was one of the less successful high ISO experiments but I was pleased to have got anything given how dark it was... and the teeny cats were staying right at the back of the enclosure of course.

Lovely set Fi.
It has to be #1 for me,
Closely followed by the Fossa and Snow Leopard

Thank you - we were lucky with the snow leopard (it is the male - Indeever) as we happened to arrive at the enclosure just as the 'photography day' contingent did - so benefitted from the guide / keeper person getting his attention.

Thanks all - appreciate you taking the time to comment :)

I have to agree - for some reason I always seem to get lucky with the Fossa at Marwell... he tends to pose in a helpful fashion! Glass was covered in spots though, had to do a lot of cleaning up in PP.

When I was there it was asleep all day...literally didn't move.
I stayed at the hotel right at the zoo and when I went back the next day, it'd moved, but....still asleep!! :D

Obviously depending on the conditions, at 1000 I think you are well within the limits ISO wise. I've managed to salvage shots in similarly dark enclosures to the Leopards while shooting at 3200, but I never manage to get such low shutter speeds (that may be the difference between Nikon and Tamrons image stabilisation, I don't know.)
Fosa is a cracker again (y)

Oh wow!
Those are great!

Obviously depending on the conditions, at 1000 I think you are well within the limits ISO wise. I've managed to salvage shots in similarly dark enclosures to the Leopards while shooting at 3200, but I never manage to get such low shutter speeds (that may be the difference between Nikon and Tamrons image stabilisation, I don't know.)
Fosa is a cracker again (y)

I'm sure you're right. I am quite new to the higher iso side of things as my old D60 was hopeless beyond 400 - tbh this was the first time exprimenting with it so I am confident any issues were caused by user error!

I tried so hard to get all three and just managed it! Leopard cub was one of the less successful high ISO experiments but I was pleased to have got anything given how dark it was... and the teeny cats were staying right at the back of the enclosure of course..

The leopard enclosure is really dark, so you did well to get something usable, I have far worse that
I keep as record shots we were lucky and had bright sun.
We are going back in a few weeks when hopefully they will be out and more playful

Back