Critique Maternity shoot with the Mrs

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
** Edit - now with other shots and smaller thumbnails **

Had a semi spontaneous shoot with my better half and the bump at RHS Wisley. I say "semi" spontaneous as I had always planned to do a mat shoot with her, but the precise details weren't really planned. As it happened we got there late in the day (about 3:30) just as the sun was getting low.

The gardens were looking good in places - a bit brown in some areas, very "spring-y" in others.

My favourite shot is below, though can post some others if people would like.
Minor PP in Lightroom - desaturated the reds (they were originally VERY red), slight vignette, bit of contrast here and there.
If I was to re-shoot, I'd probably ask her to wear different clothes in lighter colours (and without lines on).

Crit & feedback welcome:

L & the Bump
by durbs_toast, on Flickr by durbs_toast, on Flickr

L & the Bump
by durbs_toast, on Flickr

L & the Bump

L & the Bump

Last edited:
good shot
if your going to post more try to stick to max pic size as this took an age to download

Image broken to a link.
Please be mindful of people that are not on mega-fast connections they soon click away.
300Kb is plenty as is 1024px on the longest side.
Thanks.

Bump (Ha - no pun intended)

Added some other keepers, and shrunk the thumbnail size

Hi, Paul, composition is something I'd look at...

1. shot Ok - but not feeling the pic prob due to clothing - & big bit of red on left distracting from subject.
2. Cut feet off may have worked better rotating camera 90 degrees - to tight a crop
3. don't know...
4. great idea with the converging lines but due to having no foreground seems off..

but good start.

I agree 1 is best for me. Post more if you have them.

ps:

I use 800pix on longest side for on here :)

Gza

1 and 3 for me - I like the natural triangle in 3 that leads the eyes to a very happy face.

Great idea for a location, contrasting colours can work and as a memory I think these work really well. Are you having sextuplets - that's one huge bump...

Back