iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Hi guys, I’m using an iPhone to shoot videos..I’d really love to know if I can achieve the TV standard production because I’m thinking of investing my time in just iPhone Videography.

I'd like to start a thread solely for Cell/Mbl Phone photography. I feel that these very portable & versatile devices can play a huge part in our photography enjoyment with the more recent versions being capable of producing some quite frankly outstanding results. It would be interesting to see some of these results on this thread with perhaps a bit of blurb on how it was produced with regards to apps, software, and technique etc.

Not just the phones themselves but the various accessories, apps & software that people use to produce their images from these devices would be really interesting to hear about and discuss.

Looking at some of the shots taken on phones that have been posted on TP I'm sure this type of thread would be of interest to quite a few members, after all I kinda guess that its the one type of camera that pretty much all of us have with us most of the time.

George.
A lot can be done with a mobile phone, I once came across a Bentley advert that was shot on iPhone 5s..you should check it out if haven’t seen it. They used external lenses, phone stabilizers it’s a beautiful thing to watch from there I realized that we don’t need expensive gear to produce great results, it’s just about the man behind the tools go search for INTELLIGENT DETAILS on YouTube

I very much enjoying using the MOMENT camera app on my iPhone X. It offers RAW and full manual control and is pretty decent. Think is was around 5$ or so.

St Laurence's Church in the village of Upwey in Dorset, UK.

Weymouth 2021 - 02 by Garry Knight, on Flickr

That's a very nice shot Garry, I'm always amazed at the dynamic range the iPhones can produce even if it is computational etc, that doesn't bother me as long as the finished result is good.

"If you don't mind me saying though, I think maybe brightening up the shadow areas on this one would make the shot even better"

That's a very nice shot Garry, I'm always amazed at the dynamic range the iPhones can produce even if it is computational etc, that doesn't bother me as long as the finished result is good.

"If you don't mind me saying though, I think maybe brightening up the shadow areas on this one would make the shot even better"

Thanks, George. I did. In fact, I took it up a fair bit higher than this and it looked too much like a bad HDR, so I took it back down again. It was originally a sky shot with a silhouette of the church. Maybe I should have left it that way.

Thanks, George. I did. In fact, I took it up a fair bit higher than this and it looked too much like a bad HDR, so I took it back down again. It was originally a sky shot with a silhouette of the church. Maybe I should have left it that way.

It's still a good shot though Garry.

As I said I'm always amazed at the dynamic range and general quality the more recent iPhones can produce. Sometimes I wonder if while shooting my street stuff if I really need an actual camera with me.

I went for more than a year, shooting just with my iPhone XS. Two lenses, the equivalent of 26mm and 52 mm - what more could you need for shooting street?

As you know I've recently purchased an "iPhone 12 Pro Max" and to say that I'm amazed at the quality of images and vid's that can be had from it is an understatement. My old "iPhone 7 plus" had the same focal length lenses as yours but with the added length of the 65mm & 13mm ultra wide lenses on my new phone it all adds up to make quite a remarkable difference.

As you know I've recently purchased an "iPhone 12 Pro Max" and to say that I'm amazed at the quality of images and vid's that can be had from it is an understatement. My old "iPhone 7 plus" had the same focal length lenses as yours but with the added length of the 65mm & 13mm ultra wide lenses on my new phone it all adds up to make quite a remarkable difference.
I have the 11 Pro Max, and that is also great for pictures, I am not sure what the differences are between the 11 and 12. They are very good provided you don't need to have them enlarged. But certainly for most web viewing they are plenty good enough :)

I'm waiting for the iPhone 13 now. Three years is long enough to wait for an upgrade. Looking forward to seeing what difference the LIDAR will make. And I haven't experience ProRaw yet, though I doubt a that would make that much difference with such a small sensor.

I'm waiting for the iPhone 13 now. Three years is long enough to wait for an upgrade. Looking forward to seeing what difference the LIDAR will make. And I haven't experience ProRaw yet, though I doubt a that would make that much difference with such a small sensor.

I had intended to wait for the13 but temptation got the better of me. There is talk flying around that in the not too distant future a periscope lens will be included which will be great for street stuff. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at ProRaw & LIDAR when you get your new unit.

Last edited:
Yes. Better late than never. :)
Apple has not usually been an early adopter of anything. Agreed ‘periscopes’ have been around for years in compact cameras but quite recent in phones.

(Earliest use of a periscope in a camera that I can recall was in the Periflex — now that really was a periscope, not sure the current ones count since they don’t go up and down ;) )

Back