ME on VE Day ---

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
23250788 Corporal ELGAR P J Royal Army Medical Corps 1955-58 + 4 years on Reserve --- during the 2 minute SILENCE with my thoughts -- my DAD was in Royal Navy 27 years -- got Torpedoed 3 times ans survived until 1968
Ve Day 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

you don't have to call me 'SIR' I never got to be an OFFICER ! Thanks anyway !

I was a 2368 and she still pays me thank goodness;):giggle:
Coincidentally my father was on Mine Sweepers....so I'm told:(

Last edited:
my dad was in the Royal Army Medical Corps 1949- 51 NS me I join the best unit in the army ;) the Kings Regt

Here is a 'Story' about a 'CSM' in RAMC---- when I was in training at Crookham near Fleet, Hampshire 1955 I was not included in 'Army Education Classes ' as I had Advanced Level GCE so I was put on ' Heaving Coke' from a pile to move it along -- I was busy shovelling when the Company CSM came along on his Bike -- he was HUGE and there was an 'Overhang' from his Bum on the saddle. " What are you doing there , Laddie? " he asked . " Heaving COKE Sir" I replied. " Why are you heaving Coke Laddie?" -- " Because I am classed as 'Educated' I do not have to attend Army Education Classes, Sir" --- " How long have you been in the Army Laddie/ " -- " ONE WEEK Sir! " --- " Well next time you see me be careful not to heave any Coke on the road Laddie " ---- and he got on his Bike and pedalled slowly away --
You can see my ARMY stories on three videos HERE ---
First one --
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAzcNnIkyfo

Back