Meet Harry & family at YWP.....

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
...my first (cautious) visit to Yorkshire Wildlife Park to see some of the new residents in the newly part-opened extension: Gelada primates, indigenous to the high peaks of Ethiopia:

Harry arriving over the hilltop
B59I3617.jpg

Personal attention from his wife
B59I3485.jpg

A small family gathering
B59I3538.jpg

So proud
B59I3598.jpg

Well someone has to do it!
B59I3564.jpg

A most enjoyable visit (but no sign of the Spotted Hyena)

Russ

Nice one Russ, I'm glad you finally made it (y)

Cheers Chris :)
- we ventured round there not quite knowing what to expect, but I was determined to get some shots of the Gelada. The Park operates limited timed entry slots - but the area next to the Polars was heaving by 10am so we gave that a miss! Not sure I'll return in the near future though :)

Russ

Nice to see you are getting out with the camera Russ- lovely set buddy :)

Les

Cracking set Russ (y) the last has to be a definite candidate for a 'caption competition' :angelic::LOL:

Not sure I'll return in the near future though

We were at Bempton for the evening sun yesterday, was a lot busier than expected for the time of day, I came away thinking exactly the same!

Cracking set Russ (y) the last has to be a definite candidate for a 'caption competition' :angelic::LOL:
We were at Bempton for the evening sun yesterday, was a lot busier than expected for the time of day, I came away thinking exactly the same!
- Many thanks Phil - a caption comp is a great idea - watch this space :)
- I've heard similar reports about Bempton, but did you get any worthwhile shots to make your visit worthwhile??

Russ

- I've heard similar reports about Bempton, but did you get any worthwhile shots to make your visit worthwhile??

Got a few Russ but me enthusiasm wasn't as keen as normal.

Back